Chapter 93: Marlene's Home

MARCH 17, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN 

AT 8:00 AM 

                                                                                       VINCENT 

"Well, what do you know, kid," I heard Ryuk say. "Five days ago, your mother had the baby and now she's finally coming home. I bet you're excited, aren't you?" I nodded. "I am excited," I replied. "Very excited. I've been waiting all week for her to come home ever since I saw her in the hospital." "Heh heh," Ryuk chuckled. "What's she like?" he asked. "She's cute," I answered. "She's got brown hair and green eyes. Looks like a baby Aerith. Only except her name is Marlene." Ryuk laughed. "Marlene Makoto Pierce," he said. "That's a beautiful name. By the way, Vincent, I never got to know your middle name." I chortled. "You don't need to know my middle name," I said to him. "Oh, but I want to know," Ryuk said to me. I stayed silent for a little bit before I exhaled through my nose. "Vladimir," I answered. "Vincent Vladimir Pierce. After Vlad the Impaler who's the "real-life" Dracula." I sighed and lowered my head. "I'm not very happy that my dad named me Vladimir," I added. I felt Ryuk pat me on the head. "It's okay," he said to me. "You're a very good Death Note user though. The first ever Death Note user to be part vampire." 

I smiled at Ryuk. "You're the first ever Shinigami I met," I said to him. "You're a nice one too." Ryuk laughed. "Well, I wasn't always this nice when I was with Light." He laughed again. 

AT 10:00 AM

                                                                                   VINCENT

I heard my baby sister crying as I sat there looking through my crystal ball trying to see if there was someone's name that I could write someone's name down. I heard footsteps coming into the room. "Your baby sister's been crying ever since she came home," I heard Ryuk inform me. I turned and looked at Ryuk. "Your parents haven't been doing a great job at soothing her," he continued. "Don't worry, Ryuk," I said to him. "She's just hungry or maybe she just went to the bathroom." I waited for a few seconds before Marlene stopped crying. "Told you," I said to Ryuk. "Well, that's nice," Ryuk said. "Not nice that she's quiet. I wanna make sure she isn't you know..." I nodded. "I know," I told Ryuk. We had a few seconds of peace before...

"Wah!" we heard Marlene cry. Ryuk and I groaned after we heard her start crying. "She's been keeping us up for the majority of the night," I told Ryuk. "I know, I know," Ryuk said. "I've been up and I'm glad that the baby hasn't seen me yet. Otherwise, that baby would be screaming her lungs out." I sighed before I turned around and looked at Ryuk. "Have you ever been seen by a baby?" I asked. Ryuk hesitated for a moment. "I hope not," he answered. 

                                                                                 RYUK 

I sighed and picked up a nail filer. "What are you doing? Vincent asked me. "Baby-proofing myself," I answered. "I don't wanna cut the baby with my long nails." "It's okay," Vincent assured me. "You don't need to go around the baby. Besides, my parents will be there taking care of the baby." 

                                                                              VINCENT 

I saw my mom leaving the room which meant that my dad had Marlene. "Vincent, honey," she said to me. "I need to go back to work next week. They called and told me that Namikawa's mother won't be able to make it because her mother is sick." "Is she alright?" I asked. Mom sighed. "I don't know," I answered. "Namikawa's mother is a fifty-five-year-old woman and her mother is in her late 80s, so I hope so, but I don't know. Anyway, I'm going to be heading back to work." I was shocked to hear that. "That soon?" I asked. "Yes," Mom answered. "That will leave you to take care of the baby since your father is going on a business trip." I was even more shocked to hear that. "B-business trip?" I asked. "But Dad is a vampire! How will the press react when they find out he's a vampire?" "They won't find out because the people that he's working with are vampires too, you know," Mom answered. "The people who work with him are vampires." I sighed in relief. "That's good to know," I told Mom. "Anyway, I need you to take care of the baby and give her formula whenever she's hungry, okay?"