Chapter Twenty-Eight: Shut Up And Start Doing Some Kissing

JANUARY 27, 2006

AROUND 6:30 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                                                  MARIE 

I was busy sleeping in the bed with Dean...or so I thought. I turned to the left side of my bed and I continued to sleep. That's when I felt Light's arm under my chest. "Light, don't touch me right there," I softly moaned right before I removed his arm from underneath my chest. Although I knew what Light's touch felt like since it was supposed to be bitterly cold, this arm didn't feel as cold as Light's. And also, I knew that Light wouldn't wear really baggy clothes so I had no idea why he was wearing baggy clothing to bed. I then heard him snoring as he placed his arm away under my chest again. "Ugh! Light!" I groaned. "Keep your hands off of me!" I removed his hand again. For a few seconds, I thought that he had got the message, but then he started to do it again. This time, I could feel something wet coming my way. Crap! Is he drooling on me? I thought to myself before I felt his arm under my chest again. I growled right after he did that again. "Buzz off!" I yelled right before I slapped Light in the face. 

"Ow!" I heard someone's voice, but it didn't sound like Light's. I then sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you, Light?!" I asked in sheer rage. "You really need to...!" I then removed my hands from my eyes and opened them only to find out that it wasn't Light that was sleeping with me. Instead, it was Ryuzaki! I watched as he groaned as he covered his nose and mouth with his hands. He then looked at me. "What was that for?" Ryuzaki asked. I sat there dumbstruck in my bed. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You slapped me!" Ryuazki whined. "You meanie!" I pointed at Ryuzaki. "You kept touching me!" I shouted at him. Ryuzaki scoffed as he removed his hands from his face. "Well, how was I supposed to know that?!" he asked. "I don't sleep with girls and I don't sleep in beds, Marie! GEEZ!!!" I placed my hands up. "Well, how did you get in my bed, Ryuzaki?!" I asked. Ryuzaki shrugged right after I asked him that. "I don't know! Sleepwalking, maybe?" He then started looking around for something. "Anyway, where's Light?" Ryuzaki asked.

That's when the door to my closet opened. "Ca ca doodle doo!!!" Light crowed out with Alex in his left arm and with a camcorder in his right arm. We both turned and looked at Light. Alex meowed. "Heck yes, I did, Alex Sylvester," Light said as he looked down at Alex. He then looked down at us. "Anyway, glad you two are up, lovebirds," he continued. Ryuzaki and I looked at Light with puzzled looks on our faces. "Lovebirds?" we both asked at the same time. Light nodded. "Yeah," he answered. "You two were fighting like a married couple." I looked at Ryuzaki's face and saw that he was absolutely dumbstruck after Light said that. "Y-y-you...," he began. "You placed me in the bed with her?!" I looked back at Light. "Light, did you place Ryuzaki in the bed right beside me?!" I asked. Light nodded. "Yeah, and to be honest, you guys looked really cute together," he answered. "You two looked like two kitties sleeping together." 

Alex jumped out of Light's left arm and got a picture from the computer desk. "Here," he said with the picture in his teeth. "Have a look for yourself." After he came up to me, I bent down and picked up the Polaroid picture and saw the picture of me with Ryuzaki while we were still sleeping. "Let me see," I heard Ryuzaki say from behind me. He took the picture out of my hands and looked at it. He then shook his head. "You gotta be kidding me," he said softly. I watched as Ryuzaki flicked the Polaroid photo of us sleeping together at Light. Light smirked after he saw that. "That was a bad flick, Ryuzaki," he told him. "Anyway, are you two going to keep arguing about you both touching and slapping each other?" Ryuzaki and I glanced at each other before looking back at Light. "I don't know," I answered. "What do you think?" 

Light thought for a moment about something before coming up with his own great idea to help me and Ryuzaki to stop fighting. "Actually, I do," Light answered. "I have the perfect way for you two to stop fighting." I placed my hands on my hips. "And what exactly are you planning?" I asked. "If it's just a simple, "I'm sorry"," Ryuzaki began. "Then I guess we can do that." "Nope!" Light let out. "You two don't have to say anything to each other. You just have to..." Light snorted as he tried to hold back his laughter. Ryuzaki and I looked at him with confused looks on our faces. "You two actually need to..." Light said as he tried to contain his laughter. "We have to what?" Ryuzaki asked. Light still tried to contain his laughter. "Well, the both of you have to.." he tried to say. He then started making a slightly smoochy face. "Kiss?" I asked.