Chapter Twenty-Three: Marie's Premonition

JANUARY 24, 2006

AROUND 7:50 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                                            MARIE

I walked into Mr. Mikami's classroom right before the tardy bell rang as I ate my dark chocolate bar and went to my desk. Everybody in the classroom waited for him to come, but he didn't. We thought that maybe he was running late or something as more than five minutes passed, but still no sign of Mr. Mikami. Everybody, including myself, started to get worried. "What's taking so long?" I heard one of my female classmates mumbling. "Is Mr. Mikami sick?" another one asked.  A lot of thoughts rushed through my head as I could have thought about what could have happened to Mr. Mikami. Maybe he was sick. Maybe there could have been an accident. I thought to myself. That's when Principal Mizuki walked into the room and knocked on the door. "Hey, class," he called out. We all turned and looked at him. "Mr. Mikami is in the lab and he wants you all to come in the lab to meet him. There's some important news he wants to tell you." 

We all got up from our seats and followed Principal Mizuki. "The science lab?" I heard one of the girls in my class ask. "What is this, science class?" "I thought Mr. Mikami was supposed to be a Creative Writing teacher, not a science teacher," another guy from my classroom asked. "Maybe I was wrong." As I was walking, I heard someone's phone ringing with the chorus of "Sugar We're Goin Down" by Fall Out Boy. And who else would it be other than Geffrey's? I then rolled my eyes and sighed as I tried to ignore it. "Hey, Saiko, baby, I'm in the hallway following the principal. What are you up to?" I could barely hear Saiko's voice, but it sounded like she said that Mr. Mikami, Ms. Hirota, and Mr. Yamamoto were in the lab together. "Okay," I heard Geffrey say as I looked to my right and saw him on the phone. "I'll be there, sexy," he said in a flirtatious voice. "I love you." Although I couldn't hear it very well, I could hear Saiko say, "I love you too." "Bye," Geffrey said right before he hung up. Once he noticed that I was looking at him, he made eye contact with me as he glared at me. "What are you looking at?" Geffrey asked. "You freaking Latina Siouxsie Sioux Misa Misa hybrid?" He then rolled his eyes and walked faster. I then looked away and shook my head. Ugh! I can't stand him! I thought to myself.

It took a couple of more minutes, but we finally made it to the lab. Principal Mizuki opened the door and opened the door to the room. It was a big room, and we were all surprised to find a lot of people there. Most of these people are people that I haven't seen before. We were convinced that they may have been from a different school that Mr. Mikami owned thanks to his company. "Now go and have a seat," Principal Mizuki commanded. I tried to look for a place to sit as everybody tried to find a place to sit. That's when I saw this guy that was dressed in a Vampiristic attire. He had long straight black hair and deep red eyeshadow on his eyelids. He looked a little bit like Vincent, but I knew it wasn't him. He looked different than Vincent did and dressed differently than Vincent did too. Vincent looked almost remotely like Vincent Valentine, whereas this guy did not. He looked more like Armand from Interview with the Vampire. Nevertheless, I decided to sit down at the table where he was because he was sitting all alone. "Konnichiwa," I greeted. The guy looked up at me and waved his hand at me. "Bonjour," he greeted softly before looking back down at his book. 

I looked at the book that he was reading, and my eyes sparkled when I found out that he was reading The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice. "Do you like vampires?" I asked. He then looked up at me. "I love vampires," he answered. I then thought about continuing the conversation. "So, where are you from?" I asked. "Paris, France," he answered. "Where are you from?" "Waco," I answered. "Waco, TX," "Hmm," he let out. "Waco, huh? I think I may have been there a couple of times since I did take a few trips to Texas when I was younger." I held out my hand for him. "I'm Marie," I told him. "I'm a fellow Goth girl that's into Gothic Rock, Darkwave, Post-Punk, Coldwave, Ethereal Wave, Death Rock, Gothic Literature, Gothic fashion, Disney movies, and scary movies." He then seemed to get more interested in me as he placed down his book. "You like scary movies?" he asked. "I love scary movies." My smile faded. "Except for The Exorcist...but scary movie-wise, that's basically it for the scary movies I don't like."