Post Chapter Thirty-Five: Breakfast/Video Tapes of Light

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

JANUARY 30, 2006

AT THE SAME TIME 

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                        MARIE 

I felt a thrill of excitement go through me as the bus turned and went to park in an empty parking spot at a Japanese Daylight Donuts. After Ms. Seraphim parked in the parking spot that she picked out, she pressed a button and opened the door. We watched as Alissa and Osuke got off the bus before we did. We followed them off the bus and waited for the rest of our classmates to come off the bus. Just then, Vincent and I turned around when we heard the bus doors shut. We all stepped back as we watched Ms. Seraphim make a turn and go through the drive-through. "Wow," I let out as I looked at Vincent. "I wasn't expecting Ms. Seraphim to do that." Vincent shrugged. "Eh," he let out. "The bus is huge. There is no way she's going to get out and come into the restaurant with a bus that side." Vincent and I then looked at each other before we followed our friends into the restaurant. 

Inside the restaurant, it was everything I could expect from Daylight Donuts, except it was in Japan. There was a painting of Mount Fuji and other things that were nature's gifts to Japan. "Wow," I let out quietly. "This is amazing." "I didn't think there would be a Daylight Donuts restaurant with awesome paintings like these," Vincent agreed. "Woof!" Khloe barked. Vincent and I laughed after we heard Khloe bark. "Anyway, let's go get our food," Vincent said. We sat down at a table close to the window as we ate our food. Vincent and I got ourselves both some big kolaches that contained sausage with cheese. While mine contained sausage and cheese only, Vincent had his with not only cheese but with jalapenos. I got Khloe some kolaches too. Well...they were smaller kolaches so they were more like smokies. "The jalapenos taste so good," Vincent said out loud. He looked at me as he chewed up the bite that he had in his mouth. 

"Marie," he said after finishing his bite of food. "Muh?" I asked. "Do you like spicy food?" Vincent asked me. I nodded. "Yes," I answered. "But I'm a fan of spicy chicken sandwiches, I'm not huge on jalapenos." "Mm," he let out. "This one's not that bad," he informed me as he picked up a small sausage and jalapenos smoky. "Just try it." I reluctantly took the smoky from Vincent's hand and stared at it for thirty seconds. I looked back at Vincent who honestly gave me that look as if he wanted me to try it. I then took a bite of the smoky and surprisingly it wasn't that spicy. "Hmm," I let out as I chewed it up. I placed my hand over my mouth. "It's not that bad," I let out. "Told ya," Vincent said to me. I chuckled right before I swallowed the bite I had in my mouth. 

Just then, I heard Khloe whimper. I looked down and saw her watching us eat our food. "Aw," I let out. I then took one of the smokies. "Here you go, Khloe," I told her. I then peeled the bread off of the sausage. "Give you more of the sausage," I continued. "Because I don't know if it's okay for dogs to have this kind of bread. "Hasn't she had pizza?" Vincent asked right before I looked up at him. "If the dog has had pizza and ended up okay, then I'm sure it's fine." I looked back at Khloe and offered her the sausage by itself. "Do you want the sausage?" I asked. Khloe didn't take the sausage from me. Instead, she just looked up at me like I did something stupid. "No?" I asked. I then placed the sausage back in with the bread. "How about with the bread?" I asked as I offered it to Khloe. She then took the kolache from my hand and ate it. I grinned as I watched Khloe eat the smoky. "I think bread is okay for dogs to have," Vincent said out loud. 

I looked up at him. "Bread isn't good for you," I reminded him. "I know," Vincent assured me. "Still taste good though." I chuckled. "You got that right, Vincent," I told him. "So, what do you think Ryuk is doing?" Vincent shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know," he answered. "Probably thinking about Rem and probably sitting on the couch watching TV. He likes romantic dramas. He makes a lot of jokes out of General Hospital and One Life to Live. More than likely, if he's not watching those two, he's watching some J-dramas." Vincent looked into my eyes. "How's Light and L doing?" "They're at home watching anime shows like Naruto and Bleach," I answered. "Ever since Light's came back from the onsen, all that he's been talking about is the view." Vincent looked at me with a confused face. "The View?" he asked. "Are you talking about the talk show The View? Or are you talking about the view at the onsen?"