Chapter 61 (FINAL PART): A Triggering Scene/A New Show for The WB

FEBRUARY 18, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 6:07 PM 

                                                                                    MARIE

On the projector screen, the words popped up, "It is believed that Light Yagami had given up ownership of the Death Note in the spring of 2000 right before he went into confinement. Even though, Ryuk went back into the Shinigami realm, the other Shinigami stayed in the human realm and gave the Death Note to a greedy businessman who worked for Yotsuba. Can anyone guess who it was?"I nodded. "Yep," I said out loud. "I'm sure we can all guess who it was." I heard the sound of people shushing me. I watched as the projector screen went black and we saw a guy who was dressed as Kyosuke Higuchi. 

"Yep," I said quieter. "It's Kyosuke Higuchi." I watched as the actor who played Higuchi sat there drinking wine and obsessing over a picture frame of Misa Amane. We saw Rem's actress behind Higuchi's actor's chair feeling uneasy as he caressed the picture frame of Misa. Even I began to feel uneasy. Even though Misa was above the age of 17, she deserved much better than Higuchi. I'm glad that she would never want someone like him. "I'm glad that Higuchi is dead," I mumbled under my breath. "What?" Near asked. I turned and looked at Near. "Nothing," I answered. "I was thinking out loud about something." "Okay," Near said to me. "Sorry. To be fair, out of all of the Kiras in existence, Kyosuke Higuchi has the by far the most heartless Kira by far." Suddenly, someone through a popcorn bucket at Near's head. "Ow!" Near cried out as he placed his hands on his head. "Are you kidding me?" I turned around and looked at the person who through the bucket at Near. "Hey, what's your problem?" I asked. "Would you two just shut up?!" the person asked. "I'm trying to watch this stupid piece of-!" "Throw something at him again and I'll make sure you come home in a body bag!" Halle shouted at the guy. 

The guy made a scared look on his face and turned his attention back to the football field. I heard her sigh before we turned our attention back to the football field. The music sounded like the opening of "Whisper a.k.a Fallen" by Evanescence. Or at least, the intro from Romeo and Juliet. We all looked up at the projector screen and saw a newspaper that said this in Japanese: 

"ミサ・アマネのマネージャーがバルコニーから転落して死亡した。" (In English, it translates to Misa Amane's manager dies after falling off a balcony.") 

We looked back at the football field as we saw Higuchi's actor drinking a glass of wine and watching something on TV. We looked up at the projector screen and saw two guys behind a cover. We watched as one of the covers fell down and it showed Matsuda's actor behind one of them. We all gasped once we saw this and heard half of the orchestra singing the opening part of "O Verona" from Romeo and Juliet. We looked down and saw Higuchi's actor make a shocked look on his face. I watched as Rem came up to him and looked him in the eyes as he acted like he was breathing heavily. I watched as Rem's actress tilted Higuchi's actor's chin up. I cringed once I saw that because I'm sure that she would have never done that. I watched as Higuchi's actor made a serious look on his face as if he was going to hurt somebody. I watched as Rem's actress backed up into the darkness as Higuchi's actor picked up his Death Note and a pen. 

I watched as he got into a car and sped off to Sakura TV station. The music changed to "O Fortuna" which sounded a little bit like the Apollo 440 Remix from a familiar Final Fantasy video that surfaced on the Internet (hence this was before YouTube, plus it wasn't as popular as it was in the future). The people who weren't playing their instruments sang the lyrics of the song: 

"O Fortuna

Velut Luna
Statu variabilis
Semper crescis
Aut decrescis"

Pretty soon they went straight to the chorus: