Chapter 75 (PART FIVE): Hit and Run With The Other Kira

FEBRUARY 24, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 5:30 PM 

                                                                                   MARIE 

Now that I had paid for the broom that I wanted, I used a spell that took me to the top of the Tokyo Tower. I looked down and saw that it was a long way down. I was nervous since I hadn't done this in a while. About a month, I think. The last time I flew on my broom was not long before John and I broke up. I knew that it was after Christmas of 2004 when I last flew on my broom. I had my purple broom ever since I was thirteen, but the broom that I had here was black. Regardless of what color the broom was, I had to make sure this worked. I took a deep breath through my nose and exhaled through my mouth before I jumped off the building with the broom between my legs. "Woah!" I let out as the broom flew into the air. 

I couldn't believe that I was flying through the air on my new broomstick. The feeling of flying on a broomstick gave me a nostalgic feeling back when I first flew on my broomstick back when I was thirteen. The cold air pushed against my face, but I had no desire to come inside. I felt as free as a bird when I flew on my broomstick. Now that this was my broomstick since I probably left my other broomstick at home, I could fly above the city that I was in and look down on it from above. This was amazing! I could look down at Tokyo and see almost everything. I could see the people doing all sorts of things like walking down the streets, sitting on park benches, and even sitting in a restaurant. I was so happy that I was flying on a broomstick again. I missed it so much! This was so much fun! I was so happy that no one could see me because, during my first flight as a witch, a few people saw me which made me a little bit worried. Thankfully, nothing ever became of it and it seemed like my secret was safe with them. 

All of a sudden, Near came into my mind and I stopped smiling for a little bit. "Oh my God," I muttered. "Near...I have to save him and Halle." I continued to fly off into the night in search of Halle and Near. Hopefully, Near had run off to a safe place, but what about Halle? Did she get the chance to escape? I had to find out so I could save them from the Other Kira. 

MEANWHILE...

                                                                             LIDNER (HALLE BULLOOK) 

I was guided back to my hotel room by the masked man. I still had the hook in my hair since the masked man never bothered to take it out. Right when I kept thinking about how I was going to get the hook out of my hair, the masked man released it for me. I watched as the masked man pressed something on his neck and whatever he pressed glowed red. I heard this awful high-pitched sound too which made me cover my ears. "Where's your son?" the masked man asked me. "I don't know what you're talking about," I answered. The masked man banged his fist against the nightstand. "Don't play dumb with me, woman!" he snapped. "Tell me where your son is..." I gave the masked man a suspicious look. "Why?" I asked. "Do you work for the current Kira?" The masked man stayed silent for a little bit. "Who are you?" I asked. "None of your concern," the masked man answered. "Now, tell me where your son is and I'll let you go." I sighed. "He's not my son," I answered. "I wish he was though." 

The masked man chuckled. "Oh, poor sweet innocent, Near, or should I say...Nate River," he said to me. I gasped after he said that. "How did you know his real title and real name?" I asked. The masked man softly laughed. "I know everything about him...including the fact that you are working with him and that he is the third L." I covered my mouth with both of my hands after the man said that. I couldn't believe that this person knew that Near was the third L. How did he know? Was he working with the Japanese police? More importantly, who was this guy? And why was he wearing a mask? I uncovered my mouth and looked at the masked man through his glowing red eyes. "Who are you?" I asked. "No seriously, who are you? Why are you wearing a mask?" "Heh," the masked man laughed. "You don't remember me?" "What are you talking about?" I asked. The masked man pulled out his phone and flipped it open.