Chapter 80: Life is Full of Uncertainties

FEBRUARY 27, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT NOON

                                                                    KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

I was eating lunch with Cheng and saw everybody chattering about something. I looked around in confusion before looking back at Cheng. "What happened?" I asked him. "Did someone famous die?" Cheng nodded. "Yes," he answered. "Two people who got famous for the wrong reason." "What do you mean by that?" I asked. "Remember Officer Minato and Officer Miyano?" Cheng asked. I nodded. "Yes," I answered. "Why?" "You're not gonna believe this," Cheng told me. "They weren't real cops at all. They were criminals who were kicked out of college for raping their girlfriends. Also, the names Minato and Miyano are just aliases. They just took those names so they could easily fool people into thinking that they were real cops. Their real names are Joji Ogura and Shunsuke Tsuji. They've been wanted ever since the late 90s for raping multiple women." I dropped my jaw once I heard that. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was arrested by criminals disguised as cops. I didn't know that they would be capable of committing such disgusting crimes.

A flashback from the day that I was arrested came into my mind.

FEBRUARY 19, 2005

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT NOON

                                                                             KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

"Hey," we heard someone shout. We turned and saw two male police officers coming to us. "Are you Kaito Mikami?" one of them asked. "The Kaito Mikami who's the owner of the Japanese American Training Schools?" the other one asked. I slowly nodded. "Yes, officers," I answered. "That's me." We all stood there confused about why they were here. "Good," the muscular one said. "I'm Officer Minato and this is Officer Miyano." I stood there and didn't say anything. I had no idea what to say. I have never seen these officers before. I usually saw Chief Matsuda, Commander Aizawa, Officer Mogi, Officer Ide, and Officer Yamamoto, but I've never seen these officers before. There was something different about these police officers. They weren't giving off a great vibe. More like an unsettling vibe. However, that may have been because I've never seen these police officers before in my life. Don't get me wrong. I've hardly seen Officer Sanami and Officer Himura, but they didn't have any unsettling vibe. I shrugged it off and assumed it was because I was surprised to see them. Other than that, the two seemed familiar. I didn't know what it was, but something about them seemed familiar.

"Did I do something wrong, Officers?" I asked. "I'm afraid so," Officer Minato answered. "You're under arrest for assaulting a minor," Officer Miyano added. We all widened our eyes. "What?!" Shontelle asked in a freaked-out tone. "Sweetie, it's not what you think it is," I heard Minako say. "Kaito, please tell them the truth. Tell them that it's not what they think it was." I didn't say anything. Instead, I just stood there heavily breathing and panicking on the inside. Who would do something like this? Then it hit me. I knew exactly who would do something like this. Geffrey. Geffrey James. The worst student I've ever had in my entire career of being a teacher when the Japanese American Training Schools were invented. "Officers," I let out in a scared tone. "Please hear me out. It's not what you think." "Put your hands behind your back, Kaito," Officer Miyano demanded. "What?" I asked. Suddenly, Officer Minato grabbed me and turned me around. "Hey, you can't do this!" I protested. Officer Minato grabbed my hands and handcuffed them. "You haven't heard my side of the story! What would Chief Matsuda think of this?" "He would think of you as a criminal who deserves to be incarcerated if not killed by this new Kira," Officer Minato answered. What? Why would any police officers working under Chief Matsuda say something like that? Don't they despise Kira and want to arrest him or her? I thought to myself.