Chapter Forty-Five: Bus Chase and a Dog

FEBRUARY 6, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

MORNING TIME 

                                                                                MARIE

I was busy sweeping the living room when I heard my Motorola Razr play the song, "Cities in the Dust" by Siouxsie and the Banshees. I took the phone out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID, unlike the last time when John called me. To my surprise, it was Alissa. Usually, she wouldn't call me and tell me all that was going on. (The only person who did all of that was Kyrie.) "Alissa," I muttered. I quickly flipped open my Razr and brought it up to my ear. "Hey, Alissa," I greeted her. "Hey, Marie," she greeted me on the phone. "It's turning out to be a cold, but beautiful Monday since the Misa Misa Legacy Party is this week. Anyway, other than Christy Grim performing at the party, I have some other great news." "Oh really?" I asked. "What is it?" "It's Mr. Mikami," Alissa answered in an exciting tone. "He's finally doing well again." "Oh," I let out. "That's good. I'm very happy that he's doing better." "Yeah, Ms. Hirota helped him and she didn't even have to call his parents," Alissa told me. "He's offering us to do some volunteer work since we can't do school work because the school went kablooey."

I nodded. "Yes," I informed her. "I'm aware. I was the first one who knew that it would go kablooey since I had two visions of it." Alissa stayed silent on the other end of the phone. I really didn't know why she did that, but I figured it was because she really didn't think that I'd have two visions since in the Final Destination movies, they would only have one. With me on the other hand, I ended up having two visions. One was in a dream and the other one was from Light which I'm eternally grateful that he gave me an extra vision. Without him, I wouldn't realize it at all until it was too late. Then Jirou, Mei, Daemon, Hailey, Osuke, Alissa, Victor, Geffrey, Saiko, their friends, Mr. Yamamoto, Sky, Sam, and everyone else would have died the same way either way, even if I tried to help them. I'd also be dead too since I had a large katana that impaled me right in front of the remaining survivors of the school. 

"You had two visions?" Alissa asked me. "Yeah," I answered. "Seems like whatever wanted me to warn you to get out of the school really wanted to get everyone out of that school." I heard Alissa sigh on the other end of the phone. "Yeah," she agreed. "And I'm thankful for that. I'm also very happy that we aren't going through a Final Destination situation. Despite there being several people who died and a masked man stalking us that one night, then I guess everything's going fine. It's only a miracle that things are getting better and that Mr. Mikami's alright." "Yeah," I agreed. "I'm glad that he's doing better." "Anyway," Alissa began. "I really hope that I get to work alongside Osuke. I really miss my baby." "How long has it been since you last saw Osuke?" I asked. "A day without him is torture," Alissa answered. "I get so lonely without him. I just wanna cuddle him and kiss his lips. Anyway, how was your hangout with Near?" 

"It was good," I answered. "I loved it up until Near got slashed by a crazy lady that the current Kira took care of." "I've heard about that," Alissa told me. "I hope he's okay." "I took care of his wound up until he got into the hospital. And another thing that happened was that I got a call from my ex-boyfriend." "Ex-boyfriend?" Alissa asked. "Yes," I answered. "I have an ex-boyfriend who's back in America. He's really struggling with his dad and his ex-girlfriend right now. His dad's a controlling narcissist. His girlfriend on the other hand is a constant liar and abuser. She would always tell him that she's changed, but she would always go back to abusing him." "Oh my gosh," Alissa said on the phone as if she heard the news that someone was rushed to the hospital. "That's insane. I'm sure he'll find his way out, right, Marie?" 

I sighed. "That's what I'm hoping for," I answered. "His dad threatened to burn his hand on the stove and he also calls me a Walmart version of Morticia Addams. My parents hate my ex-boyfriend and his dad hates me." "Ooh," Alissa let out as if she heard something scary. "That's terrible. I can't believe that he has to go through all of that. Why can't he just run away?" "He would, but he's scared of his dad," I answered. "He feels like he's obligated to do whatever he wants just to make him happy. He even wants him to marry his ex-girlfriend." "Are you serious?" Alissa asked. "Yes," I answered. "Aw, poor thing," Alissa said. "I sure hope that John can find a way out soon." "I hope so too," I agreed. "Anyway, I never got to ask what his name is," Alissa told me. "What is his name?" "John," I answered. "John?" Alissa asked. "That's a nice name. Sounds like it belongs to someone so dreamy, but not as dreamy as my Osuke."