Chapter 75 (PART THREE): Interrogation/Another Unprepared Attack

FEBRUARY 24, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 5:00 PM

                                                                            KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

I was busy eating dinner with Cheng when I heard footsteps coming in our direction. "Hey," I heard a familiar voice greet us. I turned and looked up at Officer Mogi. "Is something wrong, Officer Mogi?" I asked. "No," Officer Mogi answered. "Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa want to talk to you about something. Follow me." I got up and followed Officer Mogi out of the building. 

SEVERAL MINUTES LATER...

                                                                         KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

"Okay, let's start this over," Commander Aizawa told me. "Do you know the reason why you were arrested?" I looked at Commander Aizawa with a serious look on my face. "I was arrested for something I didn't do," I answered. "I never assaulted Geffrey. I just slapped him across the face on an accident. That little twerp provoked me until I couldn't keep my anger in anymore." Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa looked at me with intense gazes on their faces. I knew that slapping Geffrey was wrong, but still, he made up a story and got Marie in trouble. That little menace hasn't seen the last of me or Marie. I swear, once I get out I'm gonna pound that little jerk. No, I wasn't going to pound him up for real, I was just going to make sure he got into more trouble than he didn't think he deserved. 

"You admitted that you still slapped Geffrey," Chief Matsuda said to me. "Marie said that you did." I made a surprised look on my face. "She did?" I asked. Chief Matsuda nodded. "Yes," I answered. "I'm sure you already know that we gave her a warning for slapping Geffrey. She knocked him out of the wheelchair and slapped him in the face because she believed that he was faking it." I scoffed after I heard that. "I saw him walk out of the stadium perfectly fine," I informed the two police officers. "And Marie even told you what happened. Why do you still suspect me of assaulting Geffrey?" "Because we don't know if the story is made up or not," Commander Aizawa answered. "Seriously, don't you think it's a little weird that someone would suffer from all of that stuff just from a little slap?" I asked. "And that's why we're having Marie collect all the evidence before 11:59 PM on February 28, 2006. If she doesn't have any proof that what you are saying is true, then I'm afraid you'll be here for a long time. You won't get out until 2011, but if you are good, then you may get out earlier than that, but not as early if Marie gives us solid proof that Geffrey was the one who was making it up." 

I couldn't believe what Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa were telling me. They were the two police officers that the public looked up to ever since the death of the first Kira, Light Yagami. It broke my heart when they treated me like a criminal when I hadn't committed any crime. Geffrey was the one who brought me here. He was the one who got Marie in trouble with the law. "Now, let's start over from the beginning, shall we?" Commander Aizawa asked. "Tell us everything that happened." I sighed. "Who arrested you?" Chief Matsuda asked. "Two officers did," I answered. "Officer Minato and Officer Miyano." Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa looked at me as if I said something that I shouldn't have said. The kind of look that they gave me if I told them that I had pigs flying in my yard. To be fair, when pigs fly is just a saying. However, I've never seen a pig fly. I was highly sure that Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa had never seen a pig fly either. They didn't wipe the looks off their faces for a while and it was starting to freak me out. It had been almost thirty seconds, and they still kept those looks on their faces as if it was glued to them.  

"What?" I asked. "Chief Matsuda? Commander Aizawa? Why are you two looking at me like that?" The two officers didn't respond. I didn't know why they kept those looks on their faces. I knew Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa would never hire someone that they wouldn't remember the names of the people they hired. They always do their best to keep the bad guys off the streets and keep them away from innocent people. It has now been a minute and they still haven't wiped the look off their faces. This was getting pretty freaky. "I told you that I was arrested by Officer Minato and Officer Miyano," I reminded Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa. "Now would you please stop looking at me like that?" Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa didn't wipe the looks off their faces. It was almost like they'd seen a ghost. "Mogi," I heard Chief Matsuda say in his dispatcher. "Yeah?" I heard Mogi ask. "The interrogation is over," Chief Matsuda answered. "Please bring Kaito back to his cell." "On my way," Officer Mogi said.