Chapter Thirty-Seven: Aoyama

JANUARY 30, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT THE SAME TIME THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER LEFT OFF

                                                                              MARIE

Vincent and I stopped hugging and sat up straight in our seats. We were really excited that we were really close to Aoyama. "Anyway," Vincent said right before I looked at him. "How's Christy?" "She's good," I answered. "Just really busy for the Misa Misa Legacy Party. Can't you believe that the Misa Misa Legacy Party is in the same week as Commander Aizawa's anniversary party? It's going to be so fun." "I know," Vincent agreed with me. "Kyrie has been raving about it ever since Chief Matsuda told us about it." I nodded. "So Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa get along pretty well then, right?" I asked. "Oh, you have no idea how much they go along well," I heard a familiar voice say. Vincent, Khloe, and I turned in our seats. We then saw Kyrie sitting in the seat with Daeshim right behind us. "Kyrie," I let out. "Hey, you two," she greeted us before looking down at Khloe. "You two, Khloe." "Woof!" Khloe barked.

"Cute dog," Daeshim told me. "Thanks," I told him. "She's Christy's dog and her name is Khloe." Daeshim placed his hand up as if he was going to wave at Khloe. "Hey, Khloe," he greeted her. Khloe responded by panting and wagging her tail. "She's so cute," Daeshim continued. "Is she a boxer?" I nodded. "Yes and she's the sweetest dog ever," I answered. "She usually spends her days at home with my cat, Dean." "Oh?" Daeshim asked. I nodded right before Daeshim looked around for Dean even though he wasn't with me. "And where is he at?" I shook my head. "He doesn't come with me outside nowadays," I answered. "Back when I found him all alone at school back when I was twelve, he'd be going to school with me all the time, but ever since we moved to Japan, all Dean ever does is lay around the house and not go out."

"Oh," Daeshim let out in a disappointed tone. "That's a shame. Japan is full of many wonders." Daeshim turned his head to the left and looked at something. "You see that guy over there?" he asked. I followed his gaze and saw a guy wearing a pine green jacket. "Konit'chiwa," he greeted me. "That's my cousin," I heard Daeshim say as I looked back at him. "Deku Watanabe." There was a brief pause between us. "Both of my parents are Korean," Daeshim continued. "My aunt who is my mom's sister is Japanese and she got married to a Japanese man named Taishi Watanabe which explains how we are cousins. Deku and I are not only cousins, but we're best friends too." I nodded. "Cool," I told him. "So, are you and Kyrie like..." I tried to ask him. Kyrie shushed me right after I told her that. "Don't make me rush it with Daeshim yet," she chided. Daeshim chuckled. "It's fine, salang," he assured her. "And besides, I like you...a lot."

Kyrie blushed when she heard Daeshim say that. "Aw," she let out. "Daeshim. That's so sweet." "Look at this," we heard a familiar voice say. I moved a little bit in my seat to see who was saying that. I then saw Sam and Sky looking at something on Sam's camera. They then laughed out loud after Sam showed Sky what was on his camera. Vincent sighed in annoyance. "What's so funny?" he asked. Sam and Sky looked up at Vincent. "Oh, just some pictures from the Final Fantasy VII parade," Sam answered. "We got Cloud's attention that day." Vincent placed his hand under his chin. "I see," he let out. "Did you happen to get Sephiroth's attention too?" Sky nodded. "We sure did," he answered. "It was great! We saw Tifa, Aerith, Barret, Cid, Vincent Valentine, Yuffie, Red XIII, Cait Sith, Reno, Rude, Tseng, Elena, and...well...basically everyone. We told Cloud to do that Naruto pose. Well,...Sam told him to do that Naruto pose, but it was SO great! Anyway, I'm sorry if we were loud about everything."

I shook my head. "No, no, no, it's fine," I assured Sky. "I mean, everyone has those fun memories to look back on. Even I have them." "Oh," Sam let out. "I'm sure it would have been even more fun if I had a pretty little girl like you." I chuckled after Sam said that. "I mean, you're one of the few girls that have been above a ten out of ten rating scale, Marie." Just then, I heard Vincent laugh hysterically after Sam said that. Everyone except for Ms. Seraphim (who was still driving) looked at them as if he just did something cringy. Sam made a face as if he was a bit disappointed. "Well, she is!" Sam told Vincent. He continued to laugh hysterically. "You say that to almost every girl in the school!" Vincent snickered. Sam brought his arms up as if he was annoyed by something. "Dude," Sam continued. "I wouldn't say it if I didn't think Marie wasn't above ten on a scale from one to ten."