Chapter Forty-Six (Part Two): Darkside, As In The Store

FEBRUARY 6, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 9:30 AM 

                                                                                  MARIE 

I couldn't believe that I was riding in a limo for the first time in my life. I was sure that Mr. Mikami was rich, but I didn't know he'd be this rich. I looked outside the window and watched as we drove past a lot of places like the Yotsuba building and a random Starbucks. I also didn't acknowledge the fact that a girl sitting right beside me. She looked to be American and wore glasses over her eyes. "You seem interested in Yotsuba," I heard her say right before I turned and looked at her. "Huh?" I asked. "Why would you say that?" "You've been looking at the building as if it interests you," the girl answered. "Oh," I let out. "I'm not very keen about it. Especially when a nasty perverted-looking man became Kira and tried to use it for power." "Yeah," the girl agreed. "It's a shame how Kyosuke Higuchi turned out to be. I even heard that he has a mother and sister who blame Light Yagami for giving him a Death Note. I really think he should have just given it to Teru Mikami so Higuchi could just save his pervert looks for the women in Yotsuba." 

I made a confused look on my face after she said that. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. I watched as the girl straightened her jacket. "I mean that his mother and sister blame Light Yagami for giving Kyosuke Higuchi the Death Note. However, I believe that Higuchi already went crappy after he joined Yotsuba. His sister said that before he joined Yotsuba, Kyosuke Higuchi used to be a very kind and generous person, but when he joined Yotsuba, Kyosuke Higuchi became greedy. Greedy and power-hungry, I should say. Another thing is that her sister had a daughter and he used to play with her all the time up until he joined Yotsuba. Then he'd just usually brush her off and get drunk on wine all day." "Sounds like a very bastardly thing to do...I guess," I told the girl. 

The girl snickered after I said that. I was confused about why she was laughing. "Why are you laughing?" I asked her. "I think it's funny how Higuchi is an actual last name," the girl answered. "I mean, what kind of a last name is that? Higuchi." I watched as the girl blurted out laughing. "Hey," I said crossing my arms. "Don't make fun of Higuchi's last name and family. Sure he was a pervert and a disgusting-looking man, but you shouldn't make fun of his last name. Neither should you make Higuchi's family either. Just imagine what his mother, sister, and niece are going through. I'm sure Ms. Higuchi along with the rest of her family are just as upset about that as they are with Light's family being upset about losing Light." "Only except the Yagamis and the Tanakas don't believe that Light was really Kira," the girl reminded me. "They believe that Teru Mikami was Kira all along and that he took Light away from them." 

I stayed silent for a little bit and wondered if this girl believed the theory about Teru Mikami or if she accepted the truth that Light Yagami was Kira all along. "What do you believe?" I asked. The girl made a confused look on her face. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "My belief in Christ or if I'm a non-believer?" I shook my head. "No," I answered. "Not that. I was just curious if you believe that Light was Kira all along or if you believe that Teru Mikami was Kira all along. "Oh," the girl let out. "Of course, I have to go with the first one. Almost the whole world believes that Light Yagami was in fact Kira all along. Too bad he turned out evil because I think he was pretty hot. How about you? Do you believe that Light Yagami was Kira or do you believe that it was Teru Mikami all this time?" "First one," I answered. "Seems like you and I are fans of the Japanese Ted Bundy," the girl told me. "Or even better. The Japanese Nightstalker a.k.a Richard Ramirez." I shook my head and scoffed. "Please don't compare Light Yagami to Ted Bundy or to Richard Ramirez," I reminded her. "The murders that they committed were bad enough. Turns out Light committed the worst murders in history."