Chapter 71: Two More Unexpected Deaths

FEBRUARY 20, 2006

AT 4:55 PM 

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                              KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

I was in the shower rinsing myself with lukewarm water. As always, I wanted to keep a towel over my waist since I didn't want anyone to see me naked. That's when I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I saw three men with towels around their waists. I glared at them as they laughed and mocked me. "Nice way to prove that you're a real Japanese man, Mikami," the one in the middle said. I crossed my arms. "I don't want to hear anything from any of you," I told the men. "Please leave me alone." The men just stood there and looked at me. "Go away," I demanded. "That means leave...now!" One of the men chuckled. "Yeah, you're right," the one in the middle (same man) chuckled. "We should go." I watched as he turned around and looked at his two buddies. "Go!" he demanded. "And take those towels off! Both of your bodies should be visible to everyone once the shower water hits your body!" I watched as the man turned and looked at me.

"Why are you here?" I asked. "Same reason as you," the man answered. "I just came here to take a shower." The man shrugged his shoulders. "And maybe I'll try the onsen once I get onto parole. How about you?" I shook my head. "Nah," I answered. "I'll pass. I'll go to my girlfriend's aunt's onsen house instead." The man scoffed. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Why are you so afraid of your nakedness when you're Japanese, huh? Is it because your mother and father are more Japanese than you are?" I clenched my fist after the man said that. "Don't talk about my parents that way," I demanded ready to pound him up. The man scoffed. "Or else what?" he asked. "Are you going to assault me like you did with one of your students?" "For the record, I didn't assault him," I answered. "I just slapped him across the face." The man scoffed. "Good to know," he told me. "I'm in here because I killed multiple women. I cut out their hearts and have them placed on my wall." I wanted to throw up in my mouth after the man told me that. I just hoped that he didn't want to do the same to Minako and Marie. "You know," the man began. "I just like to say that Tetsuo Sasaki loved to make the women he raped feel bad, ooh, but not me. I, Fujita Ginzo, love to kill the women that I've raped."

I looked at Fujita with a serious look on my face. "Why did you confront me?" I asked. Fujita laughed. "Calm down," he answered. "I'm not gonna break out of jail and kill your girlfriend. Oh no no no. She's a little too old for me." "How old are you?" I asked. Fujita shrugged. "I'm almost twenty-four," he answered. "I was born in 1981 just like your girlfriend." I pointed my finger up at Fujita. "No, you stay away from her," I said as I clenched my teeth. Fujita laughed. "Calm down," he told me. "I'm not gonna hurt your precious Minako. She's not my type. I don't know what the hell you see in that woman, but you have no taste in women." Fujita paused for a minute and lifted his finger. "However, I can't say the same for your precious little student," he continued. "What did you say her name was again?" I widened my eyes once I heard this. "Marie?" Fujita asked. "Well, to tell you the truth, I've never raped a woman before, but I'd say that after seeing Marie, I think it'd be a shame if I didn't see that cute little naked body of hers." I was enraged after I heard that. "Leave her alone!" I demanded. "Marie would never hurt anybody, so why would you want to hurt her?!"

Fujita smirked and took a deep breath through his nose. "Well, I guess you can say that it sounds like fun," he answered. "And if you want to stop me from breaking out of jail and hurting her, then you'll just have to fight me." I stepped out of the shower and placed my fists up. "Too bad you ain't got the nerves, Teru Mikami," Fujita mocked me. I kicked the man in the chest and he groaned in pain. "Stay away from Marie!" I shouted. "Or else what?" Fujita asked. "Or else, I'll make sure you get some of this." I turned on the hot water in the shower and sprayed it at him. Fujita groaned in even more pain before I turned the water off. I watched as he rubbed his face and he continued to groan in pain. "This is what you get for being a murderer and for trying to rape my favorite student!" I told Fujita. Suddenly, Fujita tried to throw punches at me, but I was able to block them off as I used so-called, "Miyagi-Do" on Fujita. "Wow, you're better than I thought, Daniel LaRusso" he commented. I continued to block his punches until he tried to punch me again. This time I grabbed his arm and almost twisted it.