Chapter Twelve: Meeting Light Yagami

JANUARY 17, 2006

AROUND 4:00 PM

TOKYO, JAPAN                                                             

                                                                                MARIE 

I slightly moaned as I woke up and was shocked to find out that there was a black bag on my head. The hell? I thought to myself as I tried to feel my arms and legs. Even though I could feel my arms and legs, the problem was they were both tied up. My arms were tied together tightly behind my back and my legs were tied tightly too. I also could feel that I was in a chair and tied tightly to that chair with rope. I panicked as I struggled to break free. Hoping that this was all just a bad dream and that I would wake up soon. Sadly, it wasn't a bad dream, but real life. I continued to panic and struggle as I heard the door open. The sound of the door opening was followed by footsteps. Loud, but gentle footsteps. I was still panicking so much and hoping to break free. "Help me!" my cries for help were muffled thanks to the bag over my head. "Somebody! Anybody! Please!-" Before I could say, "Help me" again, that's when I felt someone placing their hands under my shoulder. I heard the sound of a guy's voice gently shushing me. I calmed down a little bit right before the bag over my head was removed. 

I looked around and found myself in a dark and empty basement. The person who held me, hostage, walked up in front of me and I got a better look at him. It was (of course) Light Yagami! He looked so different! Not because his hair and eyes were red, but because he was also deathly pale like a vampire and the clothes he wore were so much different instead of the casual outfit that he would wear in the pictures back when he was still alive. He was also wearing an outfit that looked identical to David Bowie's outfit when he played The Goblin King Jareth in Labyrinth (but I'm sure you guys already knew that and he wore a black crown on his head (which I'm sure you also knew that, too). I was confused and didn't know what to think. Wasn't Light Yagami dead? Why is he tormenting me and having me tied up? I thought. "L-Light Yagami?" I asked nervously. An evil smirk appeared on his face. "That's right, Marie," he answered. "I'm Light Yagami in the Shinigami flesh." 

I made a confused face mixed in with fear when he said my name. "How the hell do you know my name?" I asked Light. He kept his smirk on his face. "I know everything about you," he said sadistically. "And that your real name isn't Marie." He paused for a moment. "It's Anna," he continued. I leaned back in my seat and didn't respond. How did he know that my real name was Anna?! Had he been spying on me?! I thought to myself. "I've been investigating you for a long time, Marie," he said breaking the brief moment of silence. I gasped when he said this. "I know that you have a family back in America and that some of your dad's family members still live in Mexico, do they not?" he asked. I nodded slowly. "Mmm-hmm," I whimpered in fear. "I also know that you have a boyfriend who still lives in Waco, Texas," he added. "What's his name again, dear? From what I recall...I think it's a popular name that starts with a J." He thought about what my ex's name could be. "Ah, yes," he let out. "It's John, isn't it?" 

My jaw dropped when he told me that he knew my ex's name. "Wait...how did you-?!" I asked in a loud tone. Light growled and slammed a black iron staff with a skull on the top of it on the ground which reminded me of one scene from Sleeping Beauty right before Maleficent was going to curse Princess Aurora.  "I told you that I've been watching you for a long time!" he snapped. "Why do you ask me such rhetorical questions, you stupid human girl?!" I leaned back more and more into the chair that I was bound to. "Okay, okay, Light! I'm sorry!" I shouted. "I didn't mean to make you angry! I just didn't know how you knew John's name!" I paused for a moment and sharply exhaled in fear. "And besides, John and I are over!" Light chuckled like he thought I said something funny. "Don't say that," he told me. "How do I know for sure that you two won't get back together again, hmm?"