Chapter Thirty-Three (P4): The Real Winners/Car Chase

JANUARY 28, 2006

AROUND THE SAME TIME

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                            MARIE

I was so happy that Vincent was there to help me and that we were friends. Thanks to him, I would hopefully be able to save Near and Halle from being thrown in a heated wave pool. The crowd erupted with applause and cheers. (Well, at least most of the room did along with the sound comic from the TV when the words, "CLEARED" popped up on the TV) "Wow! It's a new record!" the DDR MAX 2 announcer said. "Indeed it is," DJ RUMAX 2 added. That's when the score on the TV said "E" on Geffrey's and Saiko's sides. Meanwhile, on our side, the score said "AA". We heard the sound of people cheering on the TV. "Okay," Geffrey let out. "Just because you and Vincent won that stage doesn't mean you and Vincent won the game. "You may have won the battle, Marie and Vincent," Saiko added. "But I'm highly sure you lost the war and Near along with his mother, Halle will suffer a watery fate."

I stepped on the button when I heard. "Well, this is my US copy of DDR MAX 2," DJ RUMAX 2 informed Saiko. "So it's not your game and if I'm being totally honest since it's my game, I'd like to say that cheating doesn't count." We all watched in anticipation of what our scores would be. "Come on," I heard Alissa say. "Surely Geffrey and Saiko can't win." "Shut up, Barbie," I heard Geffrey say. "Hey, don't tell my girlfriend to shut up, Geffrey," I heard Osuke tell Geffrey. Just then, the score on my and Vincent's side was AA. Meanwhile, one of Geffrey's and Saiko's sides was E.

"Woo!!!!!!" everyone in the room cheered. "Yes!" I shouted. "We won!" "We won! We won!" Vincent cheered. "Near and Halle won't be getting thrown into the pool!" Vincent then picked me up and twirled me around. "Woo!" I whooped and laughed as he twirled me around. "Did you see that?" DJ RUMAX 2 asked happily. "It looks like my game has a mind of its own!" Vincent placed me down and we looked at DJ RUMAX 2. "You see that?!" he asked as Vincent and I followed his gaze. "Looks like the power of friendship is much stronger than the power of bullying! Looks like bullies are the real freaks after all!"

We all laughed in the midst of Geffrey's and Saiko's defeat. They looked so embarrassed and we definitely enjoyed it. They then walked out of the house with their friends and didn't say anything. We all stopped laughing as they headed to the door. "I'm sorry Saiko," we heard Kasumi say. "At least you'll get to..." "I know, Kasumi!" Saiko screeched. "Let's go get Travis and go home!" We all watched as they walked out the door. "Well," Vincent said as he tried to stop laughing. "This was good. I'm glad that we came to the party." I nodded and continues smiling at him. "I think the best part is that you were there to help me save Near and Halle," I told him. Vincent chuckled. "No problem," he added.

I then ran up to Near and gave him a big hug. I held him very close to me as I felt his left hand softly grabbing the hair on the back of my head. "Thank you, Marie," Near told me. "You saved me and Lidner." "Well," I began. "That's what friends do." We stopped hugging and we looked at each other for a little while. "Hey!" we heard Halle shout. We turned and saw her still tied up in the chair. "Can someone untie me now?" she asked as she struggled in the chair. "My arms and feet are falling asleep!"

As we helped untie Halle, we heard DJ RUMAX 2 say, "And now, let's celebrate with a little bit of Captain Jack!" That's when the song "Dream a Dream" by Captain Jack came on.

                                                                       THIRD PERSON POV

Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa were driving down the street when they saw a yellow Camaro from 1996 speeding down the streets. "What the..." Commander Aizawa let out. "Chief! Did you see that?" "I did," Chief Matsuda answered. "I'm gonna go follow it." Chief Matsuda then pulled over, made a U-turn on the side of the road, and followed the speeding Camaro. He then flipped the siren on and followed the Camaro down the road.