Chapter 75 (PART ONE): Take Action Tomorrow

FEBRUARY 23, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

NIGHTTIME

                                                                             THIRD PERSON POV

Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa walked into the Task Force building after helping the ambulances pick up the dead bodies on the street. "It's insane that the current Kira did this," Chief Matsuda commented. "At first I thought that this Kira wouldn't do anything like this, but now, it seems that whoever this current Kira is, it seems that they won't hesitate to kill innocent people." Commander Aizawa looked at Chief Matsuda. "Well all of the Kiras aren't always as they seem," he said to him. They walked into the front room and saw Officer Sanami standing there. "It hurts me that so many innocent people have died," she commented. "We had a lot of bodies to pick up. All those children...dead." A few moments of silence followed until Officer Mogi and Officer Ide entered the room. "Hey," Officer Ide greeted his sister. "Hey," Officer Sanami greeted him feeling down. "Are you okay?" Officer Ide asked as he came up to her. Officer Sanami nodded. "Yeah," she answered. "I just can't believe how many innocent people were killed in the aftermath. I mean, this Kira kills children? What in the world?" 

Officer Ide placed his hand on his sister's shoulder. "I know," he told her. "We'll be prepared for next time, sis." "How can you be so sure, brother?" Officer Sanami asked as she gently moved her brother's hand from her shoulder. "We'll have to take action," Officer Ide answered. "That's the best way to catch the current Kira." "He's right," Chief Matsuda told Officer Sanami. "We'll have to take action tomorrow night and hope that the same thing doesn't happen." 

MEANWHILE...

                                                                           MARIE 

I was still watching TV since there wasn't much to do. I had no idea if there was a pool here, but I didn't want to go underwater. I've been stuck underwater so many times in my life. I didn't want to get stuck underwater again. The water that I've been stuck in had gotten colder in each situation. First with John's car after we drove off the twin bridges in Waco, then there was that situation in the mall. Vincent and I almost drowned in the flooded crypt. It was a close call for Vincent. Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa thought that he died. I even thought that Vincent had died. Everyone, even Ryuk thought that he died. Thankfully, Vincent didn't die. The last time I was underwater was when I had to escape the fire with Mr. Mikami. We had to go to an underwater hatch which led to the wave pool. The water was pretty cold the last time, but at least Mr. Mikami and I knew that we were going to make it out alive. The time with Vincent was unbearable. We both almost died. Thankfully, by some miracle, both Vincent and I made it. Mr. Mikami and I made it the next time too. 

That time I knew without a doubt in my mind that we were going to make it. In the mall with Vincent, I had a lot of doubts. I was scared that I wasn't going to make it. It looked as if there was no way out until Light and Ryuk dug a way out for us. If it weren't for them, we would have lost hope of survival for sure. I was thankful that Light gave the Death Note to me and not to someone like the Other Kira. The Other Kira was given a Death Note but she has used it selfishly and wrong. Anyone who has a heart should be using the Death Note to protect the innocent. Especially little children. It made me want to cry knowing that many children were lost in the attack. Those poor children didn't even look like they were ten yet and the Other Kira killed them. Now everyone thinks that I have killed them. Those poor little things. What if they had other sisters and brothers? The Other Kira was so foolish to take them away from their loved ones like that. I was able to save a little girl from the Other Kira, but I had no idea what everyone would think of me now. I'm sure Vincent, Kyrie, Daeshim, and Deku are very confused about this. I hope that they didn't suspect me of doing this.