Chapter 79: Kira vs Evil Cops

FEBRUARY 27, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 5:00 AM

                                                                    THIRD PERSON POV

Chief Matsuda woke up hoping that what had happened was all just a bad dream. At first, he couldn't see where he was, but as he became more aware of his surroundings, he learned that what happened was no nightmare. It was real after all. Chief Matsuda was still tied up, but this time he wasn't gagged with anything. "Hello!" he called out. "Can somebody help me? I've been kidnapped! Someone please help me!" Chief Matsuda waited for help to arrive, but none came. "Help!" he called out hoping that someone would hear him. Unfortunately, no one came to the rescue. Chief Matsuda sighed and lowered his head. "What am I going to do now?" he asked himself as he lost hope. Thankfully, he saw a sharp rod hanging out from the pole. Chief Matsuda reached his hands to the sharp rod and rubbed the rope against it until his arms were freed.

Once his hands were set free, Chief Matsuda reached into his pocket for his phone and got it out. "Okay," he said to himself. "Now time to warn Marie."

MEANWHILE...

                                                                              MARIE

I was sleeping in bed and I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I moaned as I woke up and retrieved my phone from the nightstand right next to my bed. I flipped it open and placed it up to my ear. "Hello," I greeted the person on the phone. "Hello, Marie," I heard Chief Matsuda greet me. "Did I wake you?" "Yes," I answered. "Who is this and why does your voice sound so familiar?" "It's Chief Matsuda," I heard the guy say. I made a shocked look on my face. "What? Chief Matsuda?" I asked. "What happened? Where are you? Are you okay?" "No," Chief Matsuda answered. "I'm alive, but I'm not okay. I've been kidnapped by this crazy teenager named Rina Kanatomo. She's the current Kira." I gasped once I heard that. "Rina Kanamoto?" I asked. "So that's her name." "Do you know her?" Chief Matsuda asked. "She tried to kill me," I answered. "She was busy giving people heart attacks and almost gave me a Final Destination-styled death." "Well, I'm glad that you're okay," Chief Matsuda told me. "Thanks," I said to him.

"Anyway," Chief Matsuda began. "I need to warn you about something. The two criminals that were being broadcasted on TV yesterday and the day before that are working with Rina. They're very bad people. You know of him, right?" "Yes," I answered. "I know about him. Long story short, I know I shouldn't say this, but I'm glad that Light had killed him." "It's alright," Chief Matsuda assured me. "Anyone would feel the same way too. Anyway, those two criminals are very dangerous, their names are Joji Ogura and Shunsuke Tsuji. You need to hide somewhere just in case they know where you live." I was confused by what Chief Matsuda was telling me. "Why do I need to hide from them?" I asked Chief Matsuda. "They're coming for you and your teacher, Ms. Hirota," he answered. "They're gonna rape you both. They're planning on raping you and Ms. Hirota tomorrow. Your seventeenth birthday." "But I have the evidence that Mr. Mikami didn't assault Geffrey!" I protested. "What am I supposed to do?" "Don't worry," Chief Matsuda assured me. "You can turn in it today, but tomorrow, you're gonna need to hide. Do whatever plans you have for your seventeenth birthday today and hide tomorrow! Plus, be careful to whom you give the evidence. Joji Ogura and Shunsuke Tsuji are impersonating two police officers with the aliases Officer Minato and Officer Miyano. If you meet anyone that has those aliases, get away from them as soon as possible."

I nodded. "Okay, I will," I told Chief Matsuda. "Thank you." That's when Chief Matsuda hung up the phone leaving me terrified. I sprung up from my bed and got myself ready. "Light! Ryuzaki!" I called out after I was done getting ready.