Chapter 89 (P3): A Long Week, The Police, and Teaching a Dog New Tricks

MARCH 4, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 11:00 AM 

                                                                                    MARIE 

I was at a different mall shopping in a Hollister with Christy. "So, how are things going at home?" she asked. "Fine," I answered. "Things have become a little hectic with you gone, but it's mostly fine." Christy made a confused look on her face. "Hectic?" she asked. "Why would things at home be hectic?" I sighed and tried to think of a good lie that I could tell Christy. I didn't like lying to her, but I couldn't tell her that I was Kira. "Just...everything," I lied. "But you don't have to worry. I've got everything under control." 

MEANWHILE... 

                                                                            LIGHT

I was driving Marie's car with Ryuzaki in the passenger seat with Khloe and Alex in the back. I rode around and tried to look for Christy's car. "Be sure to look for Christy's car," I reminded Ryuzaki. "Okay," he said to me. "What does Christy's car look like?" "It's a 2000 green Ford with a sticker of Toon Link in the back," I answered. "Is Steve with them?" Ryuzaki asked. "Well if he was, you need to look out for a blue bus," I answered. "Blue bus," Ryuzaki let out. "Got it. Wait, what does his car look like?" I sighed. "I think it's a dark blue car," I answered. "A dark blue car?" Ryuzaki asked. I glanced at him. "It looks expensive," I answered. "Expensive?" Ryuzaki asked. "How expensive? All cars are over the price range of a hundred dollars." "It looks like a Porsche," I answered. "So a 1999 996 Porsche?" Ryuzaki asked. I nodded. "Yes," I answered. "What car is this?" Ryuzaki asked. I sighed and looked down at the car floor for a moment. "A Honda," I answered. "A Honda?" Ryuzaki asked. 

I did my best not to get annoyed because all I could think about was Marie's safety and not Ryuzaki's questions. "A black 1997 Honda, yes," I answered. "Now please don't distract me with questions. I need to get those pages to Marie." 

                                                                       L  (RYUZAKI)

I turned my attention to the road and saw a car almost about to collide with us. "Light, watch out!" I yelled. I heard Light honk the horn and Khloe barking at the car until they got back into their lane. I turned to my left and saw Light banging his hands on the steering wheel. "Come on!" he growled. "People these days!" I picked up the Death Note. "So, would it be okay if I look through Marie's Death Note?" I asked. Light sighed. "Fine," he answered. "Just don't write anyone's name in it. That's Marie's, not yours." I looked through the Death Note and read the basic rules. The human whose name is written in this note shall die. This note will not take effect unless the person has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack. 

I got the feeling that something was wrong with this Death Note and it had something to do with Light. I flipped through the pages and searched for some other rules within the Death Note. "The Shinigami's voice and form will go unnoticed by others," I muttered. I thought about what that meant for a moment. Once I realized what that meant, I made a shocked look on my face and let out a gasp. That would mean that Marie would more than likely get arrested if, the police knew that this was her car. I screamed which made Light swerve the car and Khloe bark uncontrollably. "What the hell?!" Light asked. "Ryuzaki, why the hell did you scream like that?! What's wrong?!" "Give me the wheel, Light!" I shrieked. "What?!" Light asked. "Give me the wheel!" I shouted. "No!" Light shouted. "People can't see you if you are a Shinigami so if they notice, Marie will go to jail!" I reminded Light. "Only if we get caught," Light growled. "Now shut up and let me drive!" "No!" I yelled. "Let me take over!" "Move back to your seat!" Light demanded. "You're going to make me wreck Marie's car!"