Chapter Thirty-Three: DJ RUMAX 2's Party

JANUARY 28, 2006

AROUND 6:45 PM

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                            MARIE

I walked up to the door of Vincent's house and rang the doorbell. I waited for a few seconds as I heard footsteps approaching before the door opened. I saw Vincent behind the door dressed in a red and black punk rave outfit. "Hey," I greeted him. He placed his hand up and waved at me. "Anyway, are you ready for the party?" I asked him. He pointed his pointy finger up at me and turned back for a moment. "Ryuk!" he called out. "I'm heading out!" We heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs and we saw Ryuk eating an apple. "Well, okay," he said as he chowed down on the apple. "It's the weekend after all." We both watched as Ryuk swallowed the food that he had in his mouth. "Anyway, are you sure that it's a good idea that you're bringing Light and L with you to the party?" 

"They'll find their way to the party, Ryuk," I answered. "It's such a shame that you can't come." "Eh, don't worry about it," Ryuk assured me. "Anything for me not to have another situation with Vincent's grandparents so I won't have to worry about another incident where I end up like Randall from Monster's Inc. Anyway, you two have fun at DJ RUMAX 2's Party." "We will," Vincent told Ryuk as he placed the rest of his apple in his mouth. "Bye," Ryuk said as he waved at us. "Bye," I said as I waved at Ryuk. "Take care, Ryuk," Vincent said as he walked out of his house and closed the door. He sighed after he did that and looked at me. "Wow," I let out as I looked at Vincent's outfit from head to toe. "You look nice." "Thanks," he said with a slight smile on his face. I watched as he looked at the outfit that I had on. "I really like your's too, Marie," he told me. "It kind of reminds me of one of Wednesday Addams' outfits, except it's all black."

I looked down at my outfit and noticed that everything that Vincent said about my outfit was true. "Oh," I said as I looked back up at Vincent. "I guess you're right." Vincent chuckled after I told him that. We just stood there looking at each other for a few seconds until Vincent brought a red blanket out of his bag. "Here," he told me. "Just in case someone's driving down the road when we get there." Vincent wrapped the blanket around me and I felt so much warmer. "It's also pretty cold out here," Vincent commented. "We should get to my hearse." I walked with Vincent to his hearse and hopped in the seat right beside him like how I did when I was going to the cafe with him along with Kyrie. Once we were both in his hearse, Vincent started up the car and we drove to DJ RUMAX 2's party. 

On the way there, I got very curious about this DJ RUMAX 2 guy that everyone was talking about. "So, Vincent," I asked. "How is this DJ RUMAX 2 guy like?" "He's basically the DDR MAX voice, but in human flesh," Vincent answered. "But he goes really wild at these parties. Gets drunk on anything. Beer, wine, champagne, tequila, vodka, you name it." I started to think about DJ RUMAX 2's name and how similar it seemed to DDR MAX 2.  I looked back up at Vincent and held the blanket close to meet. "His name is very similar to the game title, DDR MAX 2," I let out. "Do people at his party play DDR MAX at his parties?" "There have been a few parties where they play it," Vincent answered. "But most of the time, it's basically a drunk fest full of underaged teenagers and a man who's almost old enough to get his butt whipped by Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa considering how many parties they had to shut down." 

Something struck me after Vincent said that. This dude had got a lot of his parties shut down by Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa. Also, the people at his party don't play DDR MAX at his parties that often. Hmm. I wonder if it was a great idea to come to the party. I guess it's too late to turn back now. I thought to myself. I then began to get curious about Kyrie and how she wasn't with us at Vincent's house. "I wonder why Kyrie wasn't there at the house," I said out loud. "She has a surprise that she wants to show us there at the party," Vincent answered. "I guess this means that it's pretty good if she's wanting it to be a surprise. I wonder what it is." "Me too," Vincent agreed. "Anyway, do you like DDR MAX 2?" I nodded. "Uh...of course," I answered. "Why do you ask?"