Pre-Chapter Fifteen: Vincent Pierce

JANUARY 17, 2006

AROUND 12:30 PM

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                                 VINCENT

I sat down at the table to eat lunch with my close friend, Kyrie. She was a friend I made a couple of months ago in November back when it was still 2005. She had long light brown hair that reached her elbows, cocoa brown eyes, and pale skin. Kyrie always dressed in pastel colors like pastel purple and blue jeans. Her name was pronounced almost like you were about to say, "Kairi" like the girl from Kingdom Hearts. Kyrie was a girl who'd be wearing a lot of butterfly brats in her hair during a formal like we were still in the 90s (Also, please remember this for later on) and was one of the most GIRLIEST people that I've ever met within my lifetime. I, on the other hand, was a guy with straight long black hair and wore a lot of reds, blacks, and golds like my favorite video game character, Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII. He was always my favorite video game character, not because we looked so much alike and had the same name, but because we had a deep connection with each other.

"So," I heard Kyrie say. "Do you think this is better than going to any other school here in Japan?" I looked straight at her and shrugged my shoulders. "Uh," I said trying to think of an answer. "What's the difference?" "Well," Kyrie began as she twirled the straw in her Dr. Pepper. "We get spring breaks, we get an early summer vacation from early June to early September, and we don't have to suffer in those crummy school uniforms!" She straightened out her shirt. "We can wear whatever we want!" She paused and lowered her voice before she said, "And we also had a school formal and prom like in America! Coming up with Japanese American Training schools was one of the best ideas ever!" I nodded awkwardly. "Oh, yeah," I told her. "It's great." I took a sip from my Coca-Cola Zero.

I was born in Austin, Texas in the year 1988 on October 30th so I'm seventeen years old and I will be eighteen when I graduate in 2007. I lived in Texas and America for ten years before my family moved to the UK. I liked it there and even got to meet Queen Elizabeth the Second herself. I made it a daily routine to have a drink of tea almost every day, but I was never a tea person nor was I a coffee person. I usually preferred drinking Monster Energy drinks. I loved the taste and the sound that it would make when you'd put it down. It sounded like a "roar" sound, and I enjoyed it very much. Today, I didn't have a Monster drink since I wanted to try Coca-Cola Zero. "So," I heard Kyrie say as I still sipped my Coca-Cola Zero. "Have you heard Mr. Mikami's Japanese cover of "Return of the Mack" by Mark Morrison?" Kyrie asked. I shook my head. "No," I answered. "No, I haven't." "You probably should listen to it," Kyrie suggested. "It's so bad...it's GOOD!" She shook her head. "It's not bad in that kind of way," she continued. "But it's...it's better than bad." I nodded. "I understand that," I told Kyrie in a calm, edgy, and firm way.

I wasn't very fond of pop music, but I've always been a huge fan of rock ever since I was young. The first song that I've remembered being my first-ever favorite song was "Paint it Black" by The Rolling Stones. From then on, I've been listening to all kinds of rock songs, including ACTUAL Gothic Rock songs, not Marilyn Manson, Evanescence, HIM, or My Chemical Romance. I loved My Chemical Romance and Evanescence along with a few songs from HIM, but I was never a huge fan of Marilyn Manson. Gothic rock-wise, I enjoyed The Sisters of Mercy, Paralysed Age, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, along London After Midnight. As of now, I have to say that my favorite music genre is pop-punk because I like the way it sounds. My favorite pop punk singers were Avril Lavigne, Blink-182, and The All Americans Reject. I had a soft spot for Emo too and My Chemical Romance was my favorite Emo band because I loved their album called, "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge". When I first got it for my birthday, I listened to the album three times a day. I NEVER grew out of my love for that album, and I can't wait for the next album that they'll make.