Chapter Thirty-Four: Leaving for the Field Trip

JANUARY 30, 2006

AROUND 6:00 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                                MARIE 

I placed on my black coat as I prepared to go on the field trip that Ms. Seraphim planned for us that day. "So, are you really going to the field trip that one of your teachers planned out for today?" I heard Ryuzaki ask. I turned around, looked at him, and nodded. "Yeah," I answered. "You can come along if you want." Ryuzaki shrugged his shoulders back. "I would, but these are high school kids that probably haven't turned eighteen yet." I chuckled. "I'm a high school student and I will be eighteen when I graduate high school," I responded. "And I'll move back in with my parents in Waco." "Unless you really like stuff here," Ryuzaki muttered. I laughed. "I haven't really traveled so much around Japan's other parts except for the downtown Tokyo parts so I guess I should just enjoy it while it lasts," I commented. We both laughed after I said that. "Anyway, if you and Light are going to stay here with Dean, then I hope you guys have a fun time and all," I commented. "Sure," Ryuzaki responded. "We'll just sit here and eat some ice cream while watching Naruto and Bleach." 

I chuckled. "Anyway, I'll take Khloe with me since it may be a while and since Christy still wants me to take her on her evening walks even if I take her with me on the field trip," I told Ryuzaki. I sighed as Khloe came up to me as she wagged her tail. "Hey, Khloe," I said as I bent down on my knees and petted her. "Are you ready to go on the field trip with me?" Khloe barked happily. I laughed after she did that. "Okay," I told Khloe. "I guess I'll take you with me." I got up and looked at Ryuzaki. "Anyway, do you and Light have any requests other than Khloe's hamburger?" I asked. "A strawberry cheesecake would be good," L answered. "And Light said that he wanted some barbecue chips for a change. If you don't find any, then he said that it'll be fine and that you can get him some more potato chips." "Okay," I told Ryuzaki as I picked up my black skull purse. "The both of you have fun. And don't forget to call my number just in case something goes wrong." "I won't," Ryuzaki assured me as he opened up a bag of M&M cookies. 

"And by the way," he asked before placing a cookie in his mouth. "Did Ms. Seraphim tell you where you were going?" "Alissa told me that she was taking us to Jigokudani Monkey Park," I answered. Ryuzaki's eyes sparkled after I gave him that answer. "You're going to go see the monkeys in the hot springs?" he asked. I nodded. "I went with Watari while we were taking a break from the Kira case," Ryuzaki informed me. "I fell into the hot spring and one of the monkeys pulled me up by the hair and dragged me out of the hot spring." I laughed once I heard that. "That sounds like it was a cute memory," I commented. "It was," Ryuzaki said as he got another cookie out of the bag. "But that really hurt. I took in a lot of water and there wasn't anything cute about that."

 I stayed silent for a little bit after that. "You're right about that," I assured him. "When I was little I ate some fried fish and when I woke up in the middle of the night, I had to throw up a lot. From what I remember is that my parents thought that there was something in the fish that made me throw up, but I honestly believe that I'm allergic to eating fish due to how many times I had to vomit that night." Ryuzaki gagged right after I told him that. "Damn it, Marie!" he complained. "I was busy eating breakfast!" I took a step back and held my hands up. "Sorry, sorry," I assured Ryuzaki. "You told me about what happened when you almost drowned in a hot spring so I had to tell you what happened to me after eating a piece of fried fish." 

Ryuzaki glared at me after I said that. "Anyway," I began. "I'm off. You can eat your breakfast and  watch Naruto and Bleach when Light wakes up." I reached for the door handle and unlocked it. "I'll see you when we come back this evening," I continued as I opened the door. "Bye, Ryuzaki."