Chapter Forty-Seven (PART ONE): To Christy, From Marie

FEBRUARY 1, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AROUND EVENING 

                                                                                    CHRISTY

I was busy preparing myself for bed when I heard a knock on the door. I looked at the door and went up to it. I unlocked the door and opened it to find Yuri outside the door. "Hey," she greeted me. "Hey," I greeted her back. "What's up?" "Nothing much," Yuri answered. "Only except I really hope that we take a break from Daiya Demegawa. Ugh! She's such a diva. I mean, you can't really see the good in her. Not even after she intentionally hit you with her hair." I shook my head. "I'm sure it was an accident," I reminded Yuri. "I'm sure she's really nice once you get to know her." Yuri rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Yeah, if you compare her to Fiona Montgomery from A Cinderella Story," she said under her breath. "Anyway, I just came by to give you some exciting news. You may be going home earlier than you expected since we're pushing the Misa Misa Legacy Party up till next Wednesday." 

I squealed in excitement after I heard this. "Are you being serious?" I asked. I watched as Yuri nodded. "Yes," she answered. "Anyway, why don't you get some sleep? We have an exact week before the Misa Misa Legacy Party." "Yay!" I said quietly. "Good night," Yuri told me. "Good night, Yuri," I said back before closing the door. Right after I closed the door, I went straight to my bed and got in it with a huge smile on my face. I couldn't believe it. I was going to be going home early. I couldn't wait to see Marie and Khloe again. So far, everything was good since I hadn't got any calls from Marie. Even though it did worry me a little bit, sometimes no news is good news. Despite all of that, I spent a lot of time with Steve than on a regular basis. The bad news was that I didn't share a room with him. I couldn't even tell him good night unless I texted or called him. 

Once I got in bed, I took my Nokia N-Gage and turned it on. I waited until after I saw the hands coming together with the word NOKIA in big blue letters at the bottom before I decided to give Steve a call. I punched in his phone number and dialed it. It only took a few rings before I heard Steve say, "Hello." "Hey, Steve," I greeted him. "Hey, Christy," Steve greeted me back. "What's up?" "Nothing much," I answered. "Just going to bed. Wish you were here in the same room with me. I could use a little bit of company since I have two beds in the room." "Ha ha, cool," Steve laughed. "Anyway, what's on your mind?" "You first," I answered. "Well," Steve began. "I don't know what to think about Daiya Demegawa. I can't decide if she's worse or better than her father. I mean she hit you with her hair and she didn't even apologize." 

I shrugged it off. "It's alright, Steve," I reminded him. "I'm sure she didn't see me." I heard Steve sigh. "I hope she didn't do it on purpose," he told me. "I'm sure it was an accident," I reminded Steve. "Okay," he told me. "I just hope that we won't have to encounter her for a while. She's what you could call the word of a pregnant dog." I made a glare on my face after Steve said that. "Steve," I said to him. "What?" Steve asked. "I'm not saying that in a mean way. And besides, it's not like Daiya's here." "You know you shouldn't talk bad about someone," I reminded Steve. He stayed silent on the other end of the phone after I told him that. "You know what?" Steve asked. "You're right. I'm sorry." "It's okay," I told him. "Anyway, I've heard from Yuri that we'll be going home a day earlier than expected." "I've heard," Steve told me. "I bet you're excited to see Marie and Khloe again." I nodded my head. "Yes," I answered. "I've been gone for about two days, but it feels like an eternity without them." 

Steve laughed. "I know," he agreed. "You know who I miss besides my mom who's back in California?" "No," I answered. "Who do you miss?" "My little pug pup, Blue," Steve answered. "She's my world. I left her with the neighbors. However, I could drop her off with Marie next time." "Oh," I let out. "That wouldn't be that bad of an idea, but considering that Marie has to take care of Khloe and Dean, she'd have a lot on her plate. I'll just ask her whenever Yuri assigns us to another big party or concert." "Okay," Steve told me. "Anyway, it's getting pretty late. I should probably go to sleep now." "Wait, Steve," I begged. "Can I ask you something?" "What is it, Christy?" Steve asked. "I have two beds in my room and I was just wondering if you wanted to sleep the night in my room just so I won't feel lonely," I answered. "I know you're sharing a room with...how many guys again?" "My hotel roommate's in the shower," Steve answered. "And he's not the only one I'm sharing it with since I have to sleep on a cot from the couch." He stayed silent for a little bit. "Where is this all coming from?" Steve asked.