Chapter Thirty-Five: Show Me Rem

JANUARY 30, 2006

AROUND 6:10 AM

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                                            MARIE

I felt my excitement rising as Ms. Seraphim drove the bus. Despite all that, I felt bad about Mr. Mikami. He must be suffering a whole lot. Maybe it would be best for his parents to come to Japan and help him. I mean, Ms. Hirota is doing a great job comforting him since she's his girlfriend, but he hasn't left the house ever since he had that mental breakdown during the vigil last Wednesday. "Hey," I heard one of the girls say. Vincent and I turned around in our seats to find Alissa sitting in the seat behind us with Osuke. "Oh, hey," Vincent greeted her. "Hey, Alissa," I greeted her. "What's up?" "Not much," Alissa answered. "Just chilling. Anyway, last Saturday was fun. I loved how you beat Saiko and Geffrey at their own game. We even caught it all on video. See?" Just then, Alissa pulled out her pink bedazzled Motorola Razr and showed us the video. 

In 2005, we thought that the videos along with the pictures on our flip phones were pretty cool and futuristic. Nowadays, I wouldn't say that they were really that great, but they were great in 2005. "I recorded it all on my pink bedazzled Razr," Alissa told us. "The video looks so upscale and futuristic. I showed it to my mom, but she prefers the camcorder." "Ah," I let out as I nodded my head. "Anyway, Jirou and Mei sat with us that one day when Sam came back to school," Alissa informed me. "Osuke was in a lot of pain and I took him to the nurse's office. And we all agree about Mr. Yamamoto." Alissa made a serious face. "He's a piece of garbage." 

I laughed after Alissa told me that. "Maybe," I said as I pushed my hair behind my ear. "We should really refer to Mr. Yamamoto as Itsuki now." Alissa giggled. "I would really like that," she told me. "Anyway, are they here?" I asked. Alissa nodded. "Yeah, Mei and Jirou are here," she answered. I shook my head. "No, no," I corrected her. "Are Sam and Sky here?" Alissa's smile faded. "Oh," she let out in disappointment. "Yeah, they're here. I'm not trying to sound mean, but I wouldn't mind Sky coming here on his own. Sam can be so annoying when he's trying to make the ladies like him." I chuckled. "Well, he can be a little cute when he tries," I told her. I let out a nervous chuckle since part of me liked Sam a little bit, but the other half of me found him a little bit annoying. At least he wasn't Gaston from Beauty and the Beast

I'd say Geffrey's more like that, except he's got a girlfriend. A really beautiful, but mean girlfriend. I'd say this because Geffrey acted serious when he said that he wanted to kill Near. I really wish I could have written his name down in the Death Note. His and Saiko's name too, that is. However, I don't know if Light would have killed me for doing that. He told me that he'd kill me if I disobeyed him. I would be killed if I went to the mental asylum and visited Misa again. Then again, I wondered what Misa was doing. As much as my first meeting with Misa wasn't what I hoped, I still love her. She was amazing! And not just because of her Gothic outfits and stuff, but because she was such an inspiration to me. As much as I detested Kira and the Second Kira killing innocent people that get in the way, I knew that I would never kill innocent people. Especially now that I'm a witch and that I can cast spells, hexes, and enchantments on people.

 However, someone literally undid my spell to make everybody not suspect anything about Kira. I have no idea who it could have been. It couldn't have been someone in my classroom and surely none of my classmates wanted to do this to me. As I sat there in silence, I thought about a whole lot of things like Mr. Mikami's current situation, me being Kira, Light's goal to be with Misa again, the super detective L being in my house who constantly gets easily defensive with everything that I do, why my spell worked, but then backfired after a couple of days, and what Misa could be doing in the Shibuya Mental Asylum. I knew that Misa was probably like Clear Rivers from Final Destination. More than likely she was more like Clear Rivers from Final Destination 2 rather than how Clear was in the first movie. At least, nothing bad was going after Misa, and she could spend the rest of her life without Light in peace.