Chapter Fifty-Two: Kidnapped by a Celebrity

FEBRUARY 13, 2005

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 9:00 AM

                                                                                  MARIE 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing. I reached over the bed and onto my nightstand so I could be able to snooze it. That's when I felt someone's mouth literally on my hand. "Huh? What?" I heard a male voice ask as I unintentionally rubbed my arm against his lips. "Please stop," I heard the guy beg. I opened my eyes and saw Ryuzaki lying there next to me. I quickly sat up in the bed. "Ryuzaki, you idiot!" I said to him. "It wasn't my idea!" he said to me. "Ugh," I let out under my breath. "Of course it was." "What are you talking about?" Ryuzaki asked me in a concerned tone. "I didn't do anything." I heard the door to my room opening. "What's going on in here?" I heard Light ask. Ryuzaki and I turned to face Light. "Light!" Ryuzaki and I chided. "Seriously?" I asked him. "This again?" 

Light looked at us with his eyes wide open. "I was in the guest room all night. I swear that I had nothing to do with any of this," he informed us. "Great," Ryuzaki said sarcastically as he got up from the bed. "You must have been sleepwalking this time, Ryuzaki," Light told him. "Oh, is that so?" Ryuzaki asked as he looked up at Light. "I was up last night getting a midnight snack and my flashlight went out. I must have stumbled in this room by accident." "Well if that's the case, then I'm locking the door at night," I told Light and Ryuzaki. "Even if you do lock the door at night, either of us can pick the lock and open the door," Ryuzaki informed me. I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Seriously?" I asked. "Can't you let a girl sleep in peace for once without having a guy right next to her?" "You're not helping," Light told me. 

I watched as Ryuzaki turned and faced Light. "Well, you're the one that started this whole thing, my friend," he told him. Silence fell upon us and we all just stood (or sat) there. "It's a good thing I'm not in America," I told Light and Ryuzaki. "That way I don't have to go to church since I stopped believing in both God and the Devil when I was thirteen." "How come?" Ryuzaki asked me after turned around and looked at me. "My aunt had cancer during the middle part of 2000, but she was able to get better around the holidays last year," I answered. "Soon after that she got into a really bad car accident and she didn't survive." Light and Ryuzaki looked at me with shocked looks on their faces. "Oh," Ryuzaki let out. "I'm very sorry that you had to go through that." 

I sighed. "It's okay, Ryuzaki," I told him. "It was a while ago." "Almost five years doesn't seem like a whole while ago," Light told me. "So when did she die?" "A couple of weeks before her birthday," I answered. "It wasn't that soon after when she died, it was only about four months up until her death. She was about to turn thirty-three on the February 22nd of that year." "So 2001?" Light asked. I nodded. "Yes," I answered. "That was also the same year where we were under attack." Ryuzaki made a confused look on his face. "Under attack?" he asked. "You and your family or..." "America," Light answered. I watched as Ryuzaki turned around and faced Light. "2001 was the same year when 9/11 happened. I was in Seattle with my mom, my dad, Sayu, Aunt Annie, Uncle Liam, and Misa. We were preparing to go to the mall with Aunt Annie and her kids when my dad told us to come inside telling us that there's been an airplane crash. I was so confused that I went inside and I saw this building on fire. At first, I didn't know what to think when all of a sudden, I saw a plane flying by and BAM! It hits the building right next to it. Right then and there, we all knew that we were under attack." 

Ryuzaki and I looked at Light with our mouths wide open. "Good thing I was in a coma so I missed all of that," he told us. "You can't even imagine the shock that I had when the last thing I remember was getting stabbed and the year was still 2000. The next thing I knew was that I woke up and I was expecting it to still be 2000, but when I was released from the hospital, it turned out I'd been in a coma for over two years and that the year was 2003." "I'm sure we all can't imagine the shock that you've been through, Ryuzaki," Light told him. I sighed and got up from my bed. "Anyway," I began. "I have a long day today. I'm going to meet Vincent and Kyrie at the mall today." I watched as Ryuzaki turned around and looked at me. "Oh," Light let out. "Do you want me to cook you something for breakfast?" I shook my head. "No," I answered. "I'd better leave and get going right away. I'll just grab some Pop-Tarts."