Post-Chapter Seventeen: Sparing Lives

JANUARY 19, 2006

AROUND 5:30 PM 

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                             MARIE 

I was out walking Khloe in the city of Tokyo as I started to think more and more about Light's angry reaction to when I told him that I visited Misa in the mental asylum just to disturb her with questions that she either didn't want to answer or questions that she didn't know the answers to. Misa's behavior haunted my thoughts and they haven't left me ever since I left the mental asylum. In other words, I was still spooked out by her behavior. However, the thing was is that why did Light get so mad at me and threaten to kill me if I visited Misa Amane again in the mental asylum? It didn't make sense. I thought Light wanted me to find her. Maybe it was because she probably didn't want to believe that he was Kira and probably thought I would ask her questions about him being Kira and tell her that he was in fact, Kira. Misa believed that Teru Mikami was the Kira that killed Watari, L, and Light because Kysokuke Higuchi was Kira before Teru Mikami got a Death Note and became the fourth Kira. 

I continued to walk Khloe as the thoughts poured into my head like a waterfall. I knew that Christy would be home around nine o'clock and I usually came home around or past eight o'clock which was an hour before she came home. So I had before or past eight o'clock till nine o'clock to get Light his chicken nuggets and French fries from McDonald's. I didn't know why he called the French fries "shaka fries". Maybe it's something they have in Japan that I didn't know about. I really didn't want to give him anything after he choked me with his telekinetic powers like Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. (But to be fair, it really was kind of boring.)  

Anyway, I didn't know where to go because I wasn't sure if they'd allow Khloe in the shops or the indoor restaurants. I then thought about how I was going to bring Khloe into a McDonald's and if it would be possible to give Light his McDonald's order to-go. I didn't have a car since it was at home, but I did have a driver's license, I didn't have a car that I could drive in since Christy took her car for work. (Also, the car was from Steve, so yeah). I kept walking with Khloe even as I saw an amusement park and the park that Gaston Noguchi attacked from. I wasn't sure where to go today other than to pick up Light some McDonald's before we came back home. I've never been to the mall or a whole lot of places here in Tokyo. I was surely missing out on quite a bit since I was still going to school, but one good thing is that I liked my school and my new friends: Vincent and Kyrie. The only downside to it was that Geffrey and Saiko really annoyed me a lot and there's another reason that I'll get into later on. 

Anyway, as I was walking Khloe, I went across this other bank, and I saw two teenagers who looked a bit younger than me placing money in their suitcases. I could see their faces, but I couldn't see their names because I didn't have that kind of power. I waited until someone approached them so they could reveal if they were armed. That's when two police cars came speeding down to the bank and four police officers ran out of their cars with their guns drawn. "Japanese Task Force!" one of the police officers yelled. The two teenagers that were robbing the bank turned, looked up, dropped their bangs, and placed their hands up. "You two are under arrest for stealing money from a bank!" I heard the police officer's voice from inside the building. 

I watched as they handcuffed the two teens and walked them out to their police cars. I was dumbstruck to see that they didn't have any weapons on them at all. The two didn't even look like they were trying to put up a fight against the police officers. They just did as they said and got into the car as the police officers commanded them without complaining or putting up a fight. I was very curious about why they didn't put up a fight when the cops stopped them and all. I knew I had to follow them, but I'm not sure if they would allow Khloe inside unless I had something that would make her look like a service dog. I looked around to see if I could find something that could turn Khloe into a service dog. That's when I spotted a Gothic guy selling black sheets for 66.33 yen. I approached him and bought the sheet for 66.33 yen; then, I placed it on Khloe as I panted the words, "SERVICE DOG" in Japanese in white.