Post Chapter 69: Kaito's Sentence

FEBRUARY 20, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 8:07 AM

                                                                                   KAITO (MR. MIKAMI) 

I went to the prisoner visiting room with Officer Ide behind me. When I got there, I saw Turner sitting behind the glass. I was a bit sad that it wasn't Minako who was there, but I was happy that it was Turner than someone like Itsuki. Then again, I knew that Itsuki would never visit me in jail. "I'll leave you two to talk," Officer Ide told me. "I'd better go see what my partner is doing." I picked up the phone as Officer Ide left and placed it up to my ear. "Hey," Turner greeted me. "Hey," I greeted him back. "How are you holding up?" Turner asked. I sighed and shook my head. "I'm not doing too well," I answered. "I don't know what's going to happen to me or how long I'm gonna be in here. How's Minako doing?" "Jenny called me," Turner answered. "Your top student made her a mixtape to help her cope with the situation." I made a surprised look on my face. "She did?" I asked. I watched as Turner nodded. "Yes," I answered. "She added a lot of songs from Pantera, Metallica, and Staind. She also added some songs from The Cure as well." "Wow," I let out. "That's nice. And at least Minako's not alone in that house. She still has Cindy, Lily, and Taro." 

Turner sighed. "I'm afraid Cindy and Lily have decided to move back to their house," he informed me. "They didn't want to pressure Minako into having to take care of them with you gone so they decided to move back into their house." Kazuo entered my mind. I desperately needed to know if he was awake. "Is there any update on Kazuo's condition?" I asked. Turner shook his head. "No," he answered. "The doctors aren't giving up on him though. Whatever miracle came to the students, they'll gladly wait for that miracle to come to him as well." I sighed in relief. "That's a relief," I commented. "I'm assuming that Cindy and Lily know that I never assaulted Geffrey. Right?" Turner nodded. "They know," I answered. "I showed them the video on my camcorder." I smiled. "What would I do without you, Turner?" I asked. Turner shrugged his shoulders. "I'm glad to be the counselor at Kanto Region American High School," he answered. "Or at least, I was."

 I stopped smiling once I realized what happened to the school. "Tomorrow, there are going to be a bunch of confused kids going back to school thinking that you assaulted Geffrey," Turner reminded me. "I'll make sure that they'll find out the truth one way or another." I heard footsteps approaching me. "Time's up," I heard a rough voice. I turned and saw Officer Minato with Officer Miyano. I quickly turned and looked back at Turner. "I have to go," I told him. "Please alert-" Officer Miyano pulled out his gun and pointed it at Turner. "Don't come back here," he told Turner as he placed his hands up in the air. "But, Officer!" Turner protested. "This man is my friend!" "If I ever see your face here again, I'm blowing your Chad Michael Murray wannabe head off and telling the actor that you're a child predator who lures kids with your looks, you hear me?!" Turner looked at the officer with an offended look on his face. "Excuse me?" he asked. "Just because I look like Chad Michael Murray, doesn't mean that I'm a child predator luring children, you hear me, Officer?" "Leave," Officer Miyano demanded. 

Turner sighed and placed his hands on his hips. "Unbelievable," he commented before he left. "No, Turner," I said out loud. "Wait!" However, Turner decided to leave the place. I turned and looked at the police officers. "How could you talk to him like that?" I asked. "That man is one of my friends." Officer Miyano scoffed. "That's the problem," he said to me. "You have too many allies." "They saw what happened," I told him as I gently placed the phone down. "I never assaulted Geffrey." Officer Minato and Officer Miyano scoffed. "Come on," Officer Minato said to me as he grabbed me. "Where are you taking me?" I asked in a scared tone. "Not back to your cell, if that's what you're asking," Officer Minato answered. "We're gonna make sure you suffer for what you did," Officer Miyano added. I struggled to get out of their grasp. "Let me go!" I shouted. "You don't know what you're doing!"