Chapter Fifty-Five (PART TWO): Sam

FEBRUARY 14, 2006 (VALENTINE'S DAY) 

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 5:30 PM 

                                                                                 KYRIE 

Daeshim and I walked into the building holding hands. "Hello, thank you both for coming," Officer Sanami told us. "No problem," I told her. "천만에요," Daeshim added. ("You're welcome.") Daeshim and I smiled at each other as we finally made our way inside the building. The lights were dimmed and we saw Chief Matsuda as the DJ playing some trance music. "Wow," I let out. "This is so cool." From the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar face! Near! I quickly looked at Daeshim. "Honey, can you please excuse me for a minute?" "No problem," Daeshim answered as we let go of each other's hands. "I'll just go get us a drink." "Thank you," I told him. I watched as Daeshim left to go get a drink before I turned and went in the same direction that Near and Lidner were in. 

"Near," I called out. I watched as Near placed his Cloud and Sephiroth action figures down. He looked straight at me as I was mere inches away from him. "Hey," I greeted him. "Hey," Near greeted me back. "I wasn't expecting to see you here," I told him. I looked at Near's tuxedo outfit which reminded me of Jack Skellington's. "Wow," I let out. "I love the outfit. "You look so awesome with those white spiderwebs on your black suit and your black necktie." "Thanks," Near said as a smile appeared on his face. "I dress to impress." Near looked around for something. "Do you know where Marie is?" I asked. I sighed and shook my head. "I'm afraid she's not coming," I answered. "Huh?" Near asked. "Not coming?" "I'm afraid not," I answered. Near looked down with a glum look on his face. "I was sure that she'd probably come since you came," he commented. "I can't blame her for not coming due to her recent breakup with her ex-boyfriend, John."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I know. It sucks that she's both hurting and not coming." I watched as Near curled his hair with his finger. "So, is Vincent here?" he asked. I shook my head. "No," I answered. "I came with Daeshim. He's my date. I'm going to ask him to be my boyfriend after a while." Near wiped his glum look off of his face. "That's good," he told me. "Anyway," I began. "Who knows? I know for sure that Vincent isn't coming, but maybe Marie will change her mind and probably arrive at the dance before we know it." 

MEANWHILE...

                                                                              MARIE 

I was walking down the street for a couple of minutes and I couldn't wait to get home. I also had no idea what I was going to eat for dinner. Either Light was going to have to cook something or I was going to have to pick something up to eat. Then again, I was okay with making myself a sandwich. Nevertheless, I'd have to grill the bread so it wasn't boring. Nevertheless, I didn't care what it was that I was going to eat, just as long as it wasn't fish or shrimp. I was certain that  Light, Ryuzaki, Khloe, and Dean probably ate all the popcorn so I would have to make some more. I was about thirteen minutes away from home when all of a sudden...

"Marie!" I heard a guy call out. I would have reacted if I had enough time, but no...I didn't. Before I knew it, I was in the clutches of a guy. I yelped when I felt an arm around my waist and turn me around. "What the hell?!" I asked as I struggled with the man. "Aah!" I shouted. "Aah!" I heard the guy shout as we fell to the ground. "Ow," I  groaned as I tried to get up. "Are you okay, baby?" I heard the guy ask. "Baby?" I asked in a confused tone. "What-?!" I looked up at the guy and got a good look at his face. I recognized him immediately. It was Sam! He had his hair pulled back into a messy bun and was wearing a grey coat made out of wool. "Sam?" I asked. "What are you doing here?" "I was on my way back home when I spotted you walking down here so I thought I should see what you're up to."