Chapter 87: Landing on a New Job

MARCH 2, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AROUND 6:00 PM

                                                                        KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

"You're too scared?" I asked. "Why are you so scared of Marie? How could you say that? None of this is Marie's fault! Your daughter shouldn't have fired her!" Sharla's dad hung up the phone after I said that. "Hello?" I asked. "Hello?" I slammed the house phone down angered by the fact that people are like this to Marie after Daeshim died. "Damn it!" I mumbled under my breath. I headed into the dining room feeling angry that Sharla's father did not want to hire Marie back or talk to Sharla about hiring Marie back. I sighed and sat down at the table. "Is something wrong?" I heard Minako ask. "I just got off the phone with Sharla's dad," I answered. "He doesn't want to hire Marie back and he doesn't want Sharla going anywhere near Marie." "That's a shame," Minako told me as she brought me a plate of chicken curry with rice.

To be honest, the dinner looked delicious. I was still angry with Sharla's father, but I was hungry at the time. "Mmm," I let out. "Looks delicious." I got my fork and knife up as I prepared to eat my dinner. "Do you think someone else will apply Marie for a job?" Minako asked. I watched as she sat down with her plate of chicken curry with rice in front of her. "I hope so," I answered. "Everyone at the school has a job and things will stay that way until we find out what caused the school to collapse." I heard Minako's phone ringing. I watched as she pulled it out from her pocket and answered it.

"Hello," she greeted the person on the person on the phone. "Oh, hey, Jenny. What's up?" I couldn't hear Jenny's voice clearly, but whatever she said looked like it had concerned Minako. "What?" she asked almost like she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "For real?" Minako had a horrified look on her face. I watched as Jenny continued to tell her the stuff that concerned Minako. "The news is on?" she asked. "Oh, right. Sakura News at 6. Don't worry, I'll call you back." Minako slammed the lid on her phone shut and looked at me. "There's something on the news saying what happened to the school," she informed me. I watched as she ran to the living room with Taro right behind her. I got up and followed them to the living room. I watched as Minako turned the TV on and on came the news. We saw a man with a mask roaming the hallway of the school putting weapons on the walls.

My heart dropped when I saw this. No, it couldn't be! I thought to myself. The man would pose in front of the cameras and would look like he was giggling. I watched as he made heart gestures with his hands seemingly thrilled with the fact that he was going to get away with something. It made me feel very disturbed as I watched him do all that on camera. The man would also be placing weapons up on the wall which made me think of something. I gasped when I realized what he was doing. I looked down at the date and time at the bottom of the footage that read:

JAN 24, 2006

3:01:06 AM

He did all this while we were sleeping at night. I had no idea who this man was and why he would want to collapse the school. I had no idea if this was someone doing this as a cruel joke or if he was the one who caused the school to collapse. The man continued to do this for a minute until the video was cut off. "That's all for now," Machi Wakita told us. "The police are determined to find this man at all costs. For any of you who know this guy or see a guy wearing an exact costume like the man in the video, call the police and lock your door. Keep your families safe at all costs. This man is considered to be very dangerous. I repeat this man is considered to be very dangerous. Now, with that out of the way let's take a look at the weather."

I took the remote and turned off the TV. "Hey, what was that for?" I heard Minako ask. I turned and looked at her. "Do you think that the man in the video is responsible for causing the school to collapse?" I asked. Minako stayed silent for a little bit. "I'm not sure," she answered. "That was very disturbing to watch, but to think that this guy was responsible for collapsing the school is very unsettling." I sighed. "Honey, we were all asleep when this guy was roaming through our school placing weapons on the walls, laughing, and dancing in front of the security cameras. I mean, how did he get into the school? Nobody has the key to get into the school except for me." I remembered that Kazuo and other people had the key too. "So did Kazuo, Turner, Andre, most of the janitors, a few staff members, and all of the security guards have a key too," I continued. Minako gave me a look. "Did Jenny have a key?" she asked.