Chapter Eighteen: An Unexpected Surprise

JANUARY 20, 2006

AROUND 6:30 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                      CHRISTY

After getting ready for the day, I went downstairs to try and see what I could cook in the kitchen for me and Marie. That's when I stopped in my tracks once I saw what was in the kitchen. It was all squeaky clean and everything looked so beautiful. I also noticed that there were lots of food on the table. Pancakes, strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream, chocolate bars, and cheese. I slowly walked to the kitchen and a smile formed on my face. "Wow!" I gasped. "Who did all of this?" I heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs and it sounded like a dog's footsteps. That's when I turned around and saw Khloe walking up to me while panting. "Hey, Khloe," I said as I bent down to pet her. "Did you see who did all of this while I was asleep? Did you, pretty girl?" Khloe wagged her tail before kissing me right on the face. I laughed right after she did that. I then turned around as I got up and noticed a folded piece of paper right next to the food. I approached the table with Khloe on my tail and collected the piece of notebook paper. Once I did, I opened it only to find a letter from Marie. 

It said: 

"You rawk, Christy! 

I can't wait to hear how 

your performance at 

the Misa Misa Legacy 

Party will go." 

-Xoxo, Marie 

"Aw," I said. "Thank you, Marie." I then realized something. "Wait! Marie!" I let out. I ran upstairs but didn't get a response from Marie. "Marie!" I called out as Khloe and I ran up to her room. Khloe barked before I opened the door to Marie's room and found no one in there except for Alex who was licking his paws. Once he noticed that someone was in there, he stopped licking himself and meowed. Khloe and I were dumbstruck at the sight right before I walked into Marie's room and checked to see if Marie had left to go to school. 

                                                                           LIGHT

While Khloe and Christy searched the room for Marie, I hid in the closet as I ate the breakfast that I helped Marie make before she went to school. "She's not here right now," I said quietly as I continued to eat my breakfast. 

                                                                  CHRISTY

As I searched the room for Marie, I then noticed that the bag she took to school was gone. I assumed that everything was alright and that she just left for school. I shrugged it off. "Okay," I said out loud to myself. "She's at school." I then turned around and left the room with Khloe. I really didn't know what I was going to do with all that food that I assumed she made. Maybe I can make some sweets for the Misa Misa Legacy Party next week. That sounds like a good idea, Christy! I thought to myself.

JANUARY 20, 2006

AROUND 7:00 AM-ISH 

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                            MARIE 

I was busy riding the bus to school and that's when I saw something unexpected. I saw Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa at the school again. Maybe they were just dropping Geffrey and Saiko off at school, but I thought it was kind of weird that they would get out of their car and do all of that. Everybody chittered and chattered about how weird it was that they were there, however, I was glad that nobody remembered the Be-On-The-Alert-For-A-Death-Note-Alert. I'm guessing that the spell worked. Now, we should have a perfect day at school today. I thought to myself. However, I remembered Light's words that echoed in my head, "Only people who have a Death Note will remember what Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa did." I was a bit worried, but at least I let it slide. Maybe most of the people that have Death Notes are good people. I thought to myself.