Chapter 75 (FINAL PART): Nearly Dying

FEBRUARY 24, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 6:23 PM

                                                                                  NEAR (NATE RIVER)

I wanted to hide from the masked man, but I couldn't swim. I was scared that I would drown and I had no idea how long I could hold my breath. The longest I've ever held my breath was when Geffrey through me into the pool and Aaron had to jump in to save me. Too bad, Aaron wasn't around. Another bad thing was that I had no idea where Lidner was. I had no idea where the masked man had taken her or if she was okay. I was scared that the masked man must have done something horrible to her. I had no idea why these random people were coming up to me telling me that Marie had sent them. I felt a little bad for Rina for being paranoid and for that one girl, I hit in the head with the weight. Maybe I was just being too paranoid. I tried to calm myself down before I went to a different room, but before I could react, I felt someone's gloved hands push me. I exclaimed as I lost balance and before I knew it, my mouth was filled with water.

I tried my best to swim up, but I wasn't that good. I cried out for help, but I remembered that I couldn't breathe underwater. I wasn't a merman. Just like Marie, I was human and I had to hold my breath. I covered my mouth and puffed my cheeks as I continued to sink.

                                                                       THIRD PERSON POV

The masked man looked down at the pool and saw Near underwater. He softly laughed through his voice changer. "Who knew that I would get here before Marie would?" he asked himself. "Goodbye, Near." The masked man turned around and left the room. "I would hold my breath," he continued. "But it's not like anyone is going to save you." The masked man left the room and looked at the sign mere inches away from the adult pool that was covered with white cloth. He uncovered it and revealed the message read this in Japanese:

"大人用プールは閉鎖されている。ご迷惑をおかけして申し訳ございません。" (The Adult Pool is closed. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

CURRENTLY...

                                                        LIDNER (HALLE BULLOOK)

I ran down the stairs and went to the woman at the front desk. "Help! Help!" I cried out. The woman looked up at me and placed her phone down. "Yes?" she asked frantically. "How may I help you, sweetie?" "I was held captive by a masked man in my hotel room!" I answered. The woman placed her hands over her heart with a horrified look on her face. "What?" she asked. "Should I call the police?" "Yes," I answered. "Tell them that the man is wearing a skull mask with red glowing eyes, a creepy smile like you'd see on a pumpkin, and a wig that looks like Light Yagami's hair!" "Hey," I heard a guy say. "Is everything okay?" "Yes," I answered. "I was just..." I stopped in the middle of my sentence and took a good look at the man's face. I recognized him right away! "Gevanni?" I asked. "Lidner?" he asked. I sighed in relief. "Thank goodness you're here," I told him. "I just arrived," Gevanni told me. "Rester's here too. I told him that he didn't have to go since Nia got pretty emotional and since the baby is still a baby."

"And he still came to Japan anyway," I let out. "Now what about you, Gevanni? What took you so long to come to Japan? I can understand why Rester took so long because he has a kid that's not even a year old yet." "Nevermind that," Gevanni answered. "Let's go find Near."

MEANWHILE...

                                                                     NEAR (NATE RIVER)