Chapter Forty-Three (PART THREE): Come Hell or High Water

FEBRUARY 9, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT EXACTLY 7:00 PM

                                                                          THIRD PERSON POV

Everyone cheered and whooped as Yuri came onto the stage. "Welcome," she announced to everyone. "To the Misa Misa Legacy Party. Now I must admit, I never really got to know Misa, but I'm sure everyone can agree that she was a huge bundle of joy, am I right?" Everyone chattered and agreed with Yuri. "Now if I may," Yuri continued as the audience went silent. "Please feel free to get some free food, free drinks, and snacks from the food court since we're gonna be having a blast tonight. And now...please welcome our opening act...Lizzy Silver!" Everyone cheered and applauded as Yuri left the stage in order for Lizzy to come upon the stage. The crowd silenced themselves when Lizzy walked upon the stage and sat down on a stool. Everyone watched as other musicians with cellos, basses, and other violin-like instruments walked up on the stage. Just then, Lizzy brought up her violin and began playing Misa's Song. 

                                                                                  MARIE 

I looked up at the manhole as I heard the music play. "They're already playing music," I told everyone who was in the crypt with me. "It is already at seven," Light informed me. I sighed and lowered my head. "If only we could find a way out of here," I complained. "Stop whining!" Light barked at me. "We all want a way out of here!" "Light!" Ryuk chided. "Be easy on her! She's your human!" "Ugh," Light complained. "Fine." "I swear," Vincent began. "Can't you guys just not fight for one minute?!" Ryuk and Light turned around so that they could face us. They both looked at us as if it was an awkward situation. Just then, Ryuk slowly pointed his finger at Light. "Well, he started it," he informed us. "Ryuk!" Light chided as he turned and looked at him. 

I shook my head after I saw this. "That's enough," I told them. "Both of you. We should just find a way out of here." Light placed his hands up. "Okay," he told me. "Well try harder." Just then, we continued to look for a way out of the crypt. 

                                                                    THIRD PERSON POV

Everyone was having so much fun at the Misa Misa Legacy Party that they didn't pay attention to where Marie and Vincent were. They were all having so much free food, free drinks, free snacks, and so much fun enjoying the music to even notice. Another thing was that everyone wouldn't notice that the masked man was there too. As said before, everyone at the party didn't really seem to get worried about anything suspicious. 

                                                                            KAITO (MR. MIKAMI)

I held Minako close to me as she recorded a video of Lizzy and the orchestra's performance of Misa's Song on my cybershot camera. "Perfect date night idea," I told her right as she looked at me. "Am I right, baby?" Minako chuckled. "Of course," she answered. "Anyway, let's just hope that everyone's having fun here." "I'm sure we all are having fun, baby," I told Minako. I looked around for someone. "Hey, where's Marie?" I asked. "She's probably with Near," Minako answered. "He was let out of the hospital a couple of days ago." 

                                                                         NEAR (NATE RIVER)

I munched on my pretzel from Auntie Anne's as Lidner and I continued to watch the show. "Hey," I said out loud as I looked at Lidner. "Have you seen Marie?" I watched as Lidner looked at me. She then shook her head. "No," Lidner answered. "I don't think so. Maybe she's in the back of the crowd."