Enid Fever

Credits to: WeakNerd_Arms

Whoever said that opposites attract are completely wrong.

Wednesday Addams was the complete opposite of what Enid Sinclair was. Enid was energetic, social, and full of color. Wednesday looked nearly dead, only went out of the room to go to her classes and the library, and her side of the room looks like she was hosting a funeral.

When Enid first heard from Ms. Thornhill that she would be having a roommate, she was surprised but eager to meet her soon-to-be-roommate. The second day she told Yoko, a snarky blood-sucking vampire, all about it. Yoko thought it was impossible to talk about someone that you haven't even known, or existed until the day before, but Enid make it possible.

The day that Enid's new roommate was upon her and she was already filled with impatience. Her leg was bouncing up and down, and her claws came out once in a while because of her nervousness. What if her roommate didn't like her? What if once she gets to know them, they would want to already transfer to another room with another person? Enid had a roommate in the past, but they moved to another room. Enid never really knew the reason, but she knew it was because she was too much to handle. Enid knew she could be a little over enthusiastic and way too energetic, but that was one of her traits.

She heard multiple footsteps from down the hall that she knew was leading up to her room. Enid moved so she was facing the desk so it would looked like she wasn't facing the door the entire time, waiting for her roommate to come in.

The door creaked open and Enid spun her chair so it was facing the door once again. She finally got to take a look at her new roommate.

She was immediately surprised and suppressed a gasp. The girl was very pale and wore black. It was like one of those black and white Instagram filters! She immediately got up, maybe under this gothy exterior laid under a nice and wonderful person.

"Howdy roomie!" Enid exclaimed, practically vibrating with excitement. "Are you okay? You look a little..pale." Enid said, muttering the last part a bit. There was silence for a few seconds before what Enid assumed was her father, answered the question.

"Wednesday always looks half dead."

What a disturbing piece of information that Enid now knew.

Enid let out a soft little "oh" but smiled again as she opened her arms. "Welcome to Ophelia hall!" as Enid walked closer with open arms, Wednesday stepped back. Enid retracted her arms and her smile faltered a little, she fixed it to her regular smile again.

"Not a hugger, got it." Enid said.

"Please excuse Wednesday, she's..allergic to color.." Enid's eyes widened a bit, she let out a soft gasp and a "oh, wow" she immediately asks after "What happens to you?" Enid's asked.

Wednesday had the most monotone voice that went perfectly with her deadpan expression.

"I break out in hives and the flesh peels off my bones." Enid's eyes widened once more and her mouth was open just a tad bit.

Principal Weems told Enid to give a tour to Wednesday and also drop her off to the office to pick up her custom uniform and schedule.

Well, this will an interesting year at Nevermore, for sure.

—-

Wednesday has now spent 2 weeks at Nevermore. She never anticipated that she would be here longer than 3 days. She considered herself a failure. Especially since she wanted to get away from her cheery roommate.

Enid was...interesting. She was a werewolf that couldn't turn under the full moon, she was always happy, and had the smile that was brighter than a thousands suns.

Everyday when she was doing her "1-hour writing time" Enid would be talking to her or be blasting that horrid screeching she calls "music".

One time Wednesday was reading a book and Enid kept talking non-stop about the book, giving her spoilers in the process. Wednesday was out-raged by the spoilers and was so close to just throwing the book across the room into Enid's, hopeful giving her a black eye in the process.

Wednesday tried and tried to get Enid to just back off, throwing threats at her, but she would just laugh at it. Wednesday also ignored her, but that wouldn't stop Enid from talking to her though.

Wednesday tried everyday to get expelled, she considered to just end it all. Enid always caught her and stopped her.

Why wouldn't Enid just leave Wednesday alone?

But then Enid started getting busy, it was 3 quarters into the school year and that's when most of the school events happened. Since Enid is apart of clubs and the student council, she was very busy almost all the time.

Wednesday started to miss her non-stop talking. Of course Wednesday was suprised by this and would never admit it to anyone.

Then something else happened.

Every time that Wednesday did see Enid, she felt overwhelmingly nervous, she could hear her heart beat in her ears. And she could feel her face warming when Enid would just brush against her.

Wednesday started to freak out, what was happening to her? She started to wonder if she was sick or allergic to werewolf's.

She even went to the nurse to ask for a room change because of all these things happening. The incompetent nurse just laughed and said "No, Wednesday. Your just nervous because you finally made a friend." What useless information, a complete waste of time going down the stairs all the way to the school's infirmary.

These "feelings" started to happen even when Enid was not present in the room and Wednesday would just think of her! Now Wednesday was freaking out even more.

Enid took notice of Wednesday avoiding her now. Wednesday would only come back to the room if Enid was asleep. Wednesday always woke up earlier than she use too and went somewhere else before Enid woke up.

Enid was sick of it.

Enid would start to wait until Wednesday would come back to the room, but that didn't work because when Enid would try to ask where she was been, Wednesday would just ignore her and go to the bathroom.

Enid was getting very tired of this ongoing routine. So when she saw Wednesday in the hallway's, walking to the plant classroom. Enid tried one more time and stood beside Wednesday.

"Hey, want to walk to the classroom together?" Enid asked, Wednesday didn't even look at her when she responded. "No." Enid frowned. Enid was fed up. Enid took Wednesday's arm and pulled her away where other students couldn't see.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Wednesday had a tint of red on her cheeks. She looked straight into Enid's eyes. Staring. Wednesday doesn't stare. Finally Wednesday answered. "Because your making me sick! Every time I go near you, I feel an overwhelming emotion. My face heats up a-and my palms becomes sweaty!" Enid stared. Wednesday stuttered.

"Wednesday." That got Wednesday to stop talking. All these "symptoms" as Wednesday was calling it, were "symptoms" of liking someone.

"Wednesday...do you like me?" Wednesday got very flustered, and Enid tried her very best to not giggle at her red face.

"I-.." Wednesday took a moment to register what Enid just said, Enid could hear the gears grinding in her head. Enid was waiting patiently, something she never really did often. She waited until she could see Wednesday face soften and looked at Enid, stared right into her cheerful and bright soul.

"I believe I caught Enid-fever." Wednesday said, Enid smiled and opened her arms, Wednesday walked very slowly into her arms, Enid trapped her into what Wednesday thought 3 seconds into the hug a never ending warmth.

"If that's code for "I do like you, Enid and your the best person ever in this world" then yes I like you too and I also think your the best person in the world." Enid said softly into Wednesdays neck. Wednesday shoved at feeling Enids breath on her neck. But finally Wednesday hugged back and buried her head into Enids shoulder.

"Does this mean we are girlfriends?" Enid said, slightly muffled. Wednesday brought her head up so Enid could hear her better. "Yes, Enid" Wednesday could feel Enid smile on her shoulder, and that unfortunately made Wednesday smile too.

I guess opposites do attract after all.