Home

Credits to: PupsClawz

It was a few days after the Crackstone incident, and everyone was bursting with excitement at the idea of an early break. Well, almost everyone.

Enid was dejectedly staring at her roommate's neatly packed bags on the other side of their shared dorm when she got a call from her mother, snapping her out of her thoughts. She checked her phone and saw that it was her mother calling.

"Hello?" Enid answered, not looking forward to having the conversation. She gave it 10 seconds before her mother's judge-y claws came out.

"Enid dear, remember, your flight leaves at noon tomorrow," she started

"Yes mom, I know-"

"After you get here we'll start looking for a perfect mate for you! Even if you were late to wolf out. Ooh, I do hope there's someone that wants you." Her mother continued completely ignoring Enid.

Enid was frustrated. She hung up on her and threw her phone on her bed. Everything she does seems like it isn't enough for her mother. After wolfing out she had hoped that it would satisfy her but instead she just became more overbearing. She cried.

Wednesday was in turmoil. After the hug with Enid, she started to feel different. She doesn't know what it was, but it made her feel distastefully good. After spending a few more moments contemplating this new development, she walked back to her dorm only to see Enid slowly packing without her usual cheer. It somehow made her want to comfort the blonde in front of her.

"One would think you aren't excited to go home," she said in her usual monotone voice, startling the werewolf.

Enid jumped at the unexpected voice. "Jesus Wends! Are you ever gonna stop doing that?!"

Wednesday smirked, then said, "No." Her expression then softened unseen to the untrained eye, but Enid has been around Wednesday for longer than anyone else. What she saw was what she would consider impossible: Wednesday Addams with a worried expression on her face.

"Why are you packing so slowly?" The goth asked.

"I-I thought mom would be proud of me when I wolfed out but she still thinks I'm an embarrassment. She also wanted me to get a mate... If I could even get one," She stuttered out, trying to keep the tears in, that threatened to fall.

Wednesday felt rage fill her as she saw the hurt in Enid's clear blue eyes. She was baffled as to why it made her sick, the bad kind, to see Enid hurt. Instead, she wanted. No, she craved to see the way her eyes lit up when she talked about something, the way her smile seemed to light up the whole room, and the way her touch made her skin feel like fire.

"Enid." She immediately regretted it as soon as it left her mouth.

Enid turned and looked directly into Wednesday's eyes, unable to look away as she drowned from her dark brown eyes seeming almost black. She couldn't do anything but think of the goth in front of her. How she loved the way she would furrow her eyebrows in focus, how she had accepted Enid, how she acted with her. The first time she wolfed out, their first hug, the way how Wednesday gently and carefully tended to her wounds. That's when she realized she loved her, Wednesday is her mate.

At the same time, Wednesday's body seems to ignore her command to look away, instead, her focus was solely on the crystalline eyes of her roommate. It was all she could think about. Enid, Enid, Enid, Enid. The way she had saved her from the hyde, how beautifully vicious she was, how she seemed to annoyingly make her feel good, and not to mention how beautiful her wolf is. Her wolf that can easily tear anyone apart, the one that had saved her life.

Both lost in each other's eyes, they leaned in towards each other closer and closer until their lips were centimeters apart.

"Cara mia," Wednesday whispered as their lips touched in a kiss full of unspoken love and affection for each other. To them, nothing else mattered, safe in each other's arms. They were home.