Crushing

Credits to: contramundi01

Enid and Yoko are taking a break from dancing at the Rave'N. Yoko's girlfriend, Divina, is off spending a bit of time with the other sirens and Enid's date Lucas is off doing. . . something. He's been distracted most of the night, but they only went together to make the people they like jealous so he's probably just telling his ex what a great time he's having. It doesn't matter, Enid has friends and she doesn't really like the normie guy so it's whatever.

"Are you sure it's Ajax you're trying to make jealous?" Yoko asks her. Enid looks over at the vampire. To the werewolf's surprise the vampire looks serious.

"Who else would it be?" Hadn't Enid said repeatedly it was Ajax? She's not exactly been subtle.

"Maybe the little misanthropic goth girl you've been staring at since she arrived? Like yeah, I believed you were interested in Ajax during the first half hour but you haven't looked at him since. And that conversation you had with Addams earlier? You were practically screaming 'why are you with him and not me!'" Yoko says the last bit with a bit of soap opera level drama in her voice and Enid can't help but giggle.

"It's not like that. Tyler's just. . . an odd choice. His dad hates Wednesday's. She told me he called him a murderer. Seems odd to go to a dance with his son."

"Uh-huh. And why Lucas? I'm not exactly sure how bringing him would make Ajax jealous, he doesn't really think about the normies much. It'd make more sense to ask one of his friends, make it feel a bit more personal. But you know who actually was ticked off about your date?"

"Yoko, drop it. I do not have a thing for Wednesday. I like guys!" Enid doesn't really help her point by giving a glare right out of the Wednesday Addams playbook.

"Bi people exist, Enid. I'm just saying your entire thing for Ajax came out of nowhere shortly after your single turned into a double and even after you started going on about that you still talk about Wednesday way more. I'm a little sick of it, really. I just want to smush you two together and say 'now kiss!'"

Enid rolls her eyes. "I'm done talking about this, I'm going to dance more. You can join me when you learn to butt out of things that don't concern you."

Yoko sticks her tongue out at the werewolf. "Normie boy's gone, maybe you should go ask Addams to dance. You can pretend it's just a roommate thing."

"Maybe I will if it'll shut you up," Enid says and she stomps over to the goth girl. Yoko smirks as they start dancing together shortly after.

"What'd I miss?" Divina's come back over with her brother short on her heels.

Yoko takes her girlfriend's hand and leads her back to the dance floor. "Enid's in denial."

"But they're dancing together?"

"I convinced her to do it as a roommate thing out of spite."

Divina laughs, "She knows about 'and they were roommates,' right?"

Yoko laughs with her. "I'm sure she's pretending not to, just like Addams is pretending she's dismissing those guys because she's not interested in romance and not because she's interested in women."

"I don't know about Addams," Divina replies, "but there's only so long a girl who's favorite sweater is literally the lesbian flag can stay in the closet."

"I give them until the end of term," Yoko says before placing her lips lightly on the siren's. And she enjoyed the rest of the dance with her girlfriend, because unlike a certain other pair they can admit their feelings.