The Moon's Light and Wolf's Shadow

Credit to: Ruby_Bear2919

Wednesday Friday Addams. Born on January 13th, 2006. On a Friday.

Her mother named her after a line in her favorite poem; "Wednesday's child is full of woe." Yet, anyone who saw the young Addams would first say they didn't see it. With bright hair, eyes, and a smile, it was easy to assume she was the friendly type. However, anyone who got closer saw the manic glint, the morbid curiosity, and the genuinely horrifying grin that spelled danger.

The pale girl was nothing but an Addams through and through. Her uncle Fester made sure of it.

Though she never met the pair, with Morticia dying after giving birth and Gomez of heartbreak soon after, Wednesday felt as close as she could be to her parents. Fester told her about the duels with Gomez, the beautiful garden Morticia cared for, and most importantly, their unwavering love. He insisted every code, tradition, and memory of Wednesday's late parents into her.

The pale girl once asked if he romanticized their actions or took creative liberty with his stories. He quickly showed them all the recordings he had taken. Some without their knowledge and some with them smiling into the camera. Immediately, she knew what she wanted. She wanted to love and be loved the way her parents had. Wholeheartedly and deadly.

However, she refused to become a feral, heartache-ridden buffoon like her uncle. She would embody class like her mother and be entirely unabashed like her father.

Cut to the present.

The principal escorted the pale witch to her dorm room as Fester was indisposed with the police of another country. The tall woman mentioned a roommate, which caused little concern to the Addams. She didn't see herself staying long and instead wanted to join her uncle, as school was a cesspool for inferiority complexes and unimaginative drones.

At the top of Ophelia Hall was her room. Wednesday was surprised to see vibrant colors filling the left side of the room. It tortured the young Addams. There wasn't anyone else in the room, and Wednesday wondered if she saw her roommate mingling among the crowds.

"Your roommate is a young werewolf by the name of Enid Sinclair. I'll let you settle in as I find Ms. Sinclair so that she may introduce herself and show you around." Weems said with a curt nod.

"If my roommate attacks me, do I have permission to mount her head on my wall?"

Wednesday had asked playfully, yet the uncanny smile had Larisa second-guessing herself. But, as soon as the ghostly girl laughed, Weems relaxed and laughed with her.

"I jest. Mounting her head would be a mercy. Now, I could use a new rug." Wednesday said with a smile and chuckle.

Now that she was alone in her room, Wednesday placed her shoulder bag on the empty desk. Thing, who had stowed in her bag, crawled out and stretched.

"If you are going to stay, then be helpful lest you find yourself missing more than a body." she smiled darkly over her shoulder at the severed hand.

Thing bowed, as Wednesday was the heir to the Addams name and fortune. Slowly, they began the process of making their half of the room comfortable, and they were just about finished when the door opened and then slammed shut.

"Stupid pack furs. Stupid scars. Fuck them-.... Uh, hi?"

Wednesday turned around, and her heart stopped. Quite literally. The pain in her chest burned until Thing gave a running leap into her back.

Wednesday's mind raced with what to say.

(Rule One: An Addams is afraid of nothing. For the most frightening thing in existence is an Addams.... By the devil himself. She is beautiful.)