Don't Turn Your Back on a Wolf

Credits to: Ruby_Bear2919

Surprisingly, there was little enjoyment found in partaking in this activity. The witty back and forth of two people at each other's throats, vying for the last word. Wednesday usually watched couples have their tiffs, siblings banter, or peers "throw shade" rather than engage in pointless bickering. However, when she did, the raven "competed" (decimated was more accurate) with people that barely knew her and had little knowledge of her pass times and interests. So, making her opponent feel incompetent, idiotic, worthless, or otherwise was quite easy.

Enid, however, was not her regular opponent.

"I'd take that over your obsession with all things creepy."

Those words shouldn't irk her the way they do, but after a few jabs at her writing habit and penchant for practicing her cello, it just pinched a particular nerve.

"You could gas an entire village with the amount of perfume you spritz," the raven tried to counter, "That's just off the top of my head."

The seer spoke calmly as she kept a fair amount of space between them.

"Guess I'm lucky with the new bestie that doesn't try to find ways to endanger literally everybody she comes into contact with."

That remark caused the raven to pause, thinking back to the reason they were at odds in the first place. Something in Wednesday turned and flipped uncomfortably.

"In fact, Yoko and I are so in sync that she's begging me to be her new roomie. Permanently." the werewolf added in an almost smug tone.

It was either the lilt in the blond's voice or the comment itself, but something about it made the shorter girl want to turn away.

"Don't let me hold you back."

But the seer couldn't let that be the last of it, "I wouldn't want to keep you from your clear addiction to attention, needy mutt."

It was a low blow, calling Enid a mutt, but the raven needed to feel like she was right. Otherwise, why was she fighting the werewolf?

With her back to the blond, she couldn't see the rage and anger, but she could hear and practically feel it. With a deep, guttural growl buzzing in her skull, Wednesday felt Enid's dagger-like stare stabbing into the raven's back. It felt hot, dangerous, and exciting enough for the shorter girl to want to turn back around and see the visage of an angry wolf. However, she wouldn't be allowed as sharp claws and steel cables for arms wrapped around her, keeping the seer still. Before she could toss the taller teen over her shoulder, Wednesday caught a flash of pristine white fangs before they sank and disappeared into her clothed shoulder.

The action injected searing white pain into the smaller girl, and she nearly yelped because of it. Every muscle in the raven tensed as she waited for her shoulder to be ripped out or thrashed around like a rag doll. Either was likely to occur when trapped in the iron vice of an angry werewolf's jaws. Yet, neither happened, and blood slowly trickled and soaked Wednesday's uniform. A low growl was the only indication that Enid was not frozen, and any plans of escape or retaliation in the raven's mind were thrown to the wind with what happened next.

With her jaws firmly set and not being in her right mind, Enid began to suck in and drink the red liquid. This caused more pain, and Wednesday did yelp this time, mostly due to surprise. Enid tended to get queasy around blood, so this whole situation was new. It felt like several minutes had passed when in reality, it was only a few seconds before the raven's head snapped back, and her sight faded.

_____

Wednesday sighed, seeing she was free from the werewolf's jaws for a moment. However, she didn't know why she sighed. If it was because she was in a fogged version of her room or because she was missing out on an experience. It wasn't every day you get mauled by an angry werewolf.