Forehead Kisses

Credits to: amber (lesbianlycan)

The back of Enid's head pounded, and she felt herself laying sprawled out on the hardwood floor. She felt a singular hand crawling over her, carrying something.

"Thing.." She groaned in pain, reaching out and grabbing. Him. She began sitting up and slowly opened her eyes to the bright light in the room. She was facing Wednesday's side of the room and Wednesday was crouched down in front of her.

"You fainted," Wednesday stated the obvious, "I had thing fetch the smelling salts,"

"God, no, not again.." She rubbed her head, watching Wednesday's eyes. She looked down at Thing in her hand, releasing him. He scurried off, to put back the things he gathered.

"...you kissed my forehead," Enid copied Wednesday by stating an obvious fact.

"I did and you fainted. I can't tell if that's good or bad..." She turned her head, keeping her unblinking eyes trained on Enid.

"...well, I liked it." She stood up by herself.

Enid then watched Wednesday. Wednesday and Enid were just chatting before her writing time, about some school gossip that Wednesday didn't care about, but listened to anyways. Enid was about 4 inches taller than her roommate, so to actually kiss her forehead required her to stand on her tiptoes. She didn't remember anything after feeling her cold, but gentle and soft lips on her warm forehead.

"I'm glad you did," Wednesday stood from her crouch, turning to go sit at her typewriter. At first, it annoyed Enid that she wrote using it but now... she couldn't imagine Wednesday writing using a laptop or anything else.

"Well," Enid stepped over, "forehead kisses are...kind of special to me. You know?"

"No, I didn't," She replied in her deadpan voice, glancing over her shoulder. Usually, by now, Enid would leave Wednesday alone.

"Yeah...my mom wasn't very affectionate growing up, so my Dad gave them to me a lot. They made me feel..really loved."

"The mother who tried to send you to conversion therapy wasn't affectionate? Shocking."

"Well anyways like I said, they make me really loved. Like you care about me or something," Enid finished.

"Of course, I care about you, Enid.." Wednesday was getting a little agitated her roommate kept bothering her, and you could tell in her voice. As much as she loved the sound of Enid's 'nails on chalkboard sounding' voice, she enjoyed the times it was quiet too.

Enid leaned down, watching her. Wednesday's slowly turned up to look at her.

"Are you feeling alright or did that bump on your head make you forget I like to be left alone during my writing time?" Her eyes narrowed.

"Oh," Enid sounded a little upset, "...I was just curious if it...meant anything?"

Wednesday didn't like Enid being upset. Ever since their first fight, and even before, she made sure she was gentle with her feelings. Be careful not to be too mean. Sometimes she slipped up, and it was completely her fault she'd admit it. She always made it up to Enid somehow.

"Of course it did, I enjoy making you feel loved. It's the same way I enjoy torturing Pugsley. It's...different expressions of the same idea. I love you, so I do things that make you feel loved. I figured the kiss would, and it did."

Enid faintly blushed. "Oh. Okay." She then backed off and skipped to her side of the room. She couldn't contain the biggest smile she had ever smiled. The pain of her headache had nearly faded away in the background of her blush.

Wednesday, even with a usually unphased pale complexion, had the littlest color turn up on her face if you looked very close.

"Goodnight, Wednesday!" She called.

"Goodnight, Sinclair," She leaned forward and began to type again.