Wednesday Hates French

Credits to: NotAClue101

Wednesday stared emotionless out the thick glazed window of her French class admiring the raindrops as they raced down the clear surface with hast. The teacher babbled on endlessly and her voice became nothing but a muffled sound trampled by her own thoughts.

It was her worst subject, the class she dreaded every week when it would pop up on her schedule like a curious meerkat. She never did understand the allure of the French accent or the inspiration the words could cause and she never would. Because you see Wednesday avoided the language, the food, the people all things French were irritating to the solemn girl.

She used to watch as her Father would effortlessly speak sweet nothings to her Mother while kissing every inch of her hand and arm before reaching her lips. It disgusted her. How her Father could be so weak at the sound of the French and turn into one himself. How it would unlock a sickeningly sweet soul stealing monster to take over his body. How he could show such an affectionate display of emotions the second her Mother would whisper "Me amore". Wednesday grimaced at the flashback, reminding herself that this class did not count towards her credits as long as she kept up with her countless extra curriculars.

She shuddered inwardly remembering that speaking French around an Addams was never a good idea. She had never experienced it due to her avoidance and ability to zone out during the class.

She was eventually dragged away from her daydreaming by a sharp elbow to her forearm. She turned wide-eyed to stare at her girlfriend who had just rudely injured her.

"Pay Attention" she whispered to Wednesday side eyeing her whilst still focusing on her teachers voice.

"If you were anyone else I'd kill you for that" she growled under her breath

"I Know" Enid smiled all giddy placing her hand on top of Wednesday's and lightly squeezing it. The other girl relaxed into her grasp and attempted to listen to the teacher just for her, or at least look like it so her girlfriend would get off her case.

...

By the end of class Wednesday had learned nothing new fortunately and had focused all her attention on the blonde werewolf beside her. She would occasionally distract her, much to the playful dismay of Enid, touching her, whispering in her ear, making smartwitted remarks to everything that was said and this earned a disapproving scowl from Enid. Although it was always followed by a betraying smile that would force its way onto her lips.

"Stop it babe you're failing this class" Enid pushed her away and stood up as the bell rang, gathering her textbooks

"I am not failing" Wednesday followed behind her indenial "And what did I say about that repulsive pet name its generic it's-"

"Miss Addams" the teacher interrupted her monologue to Enid, motioning for her to detour from the door to her desk.

"Yes" she responded her usual cold expression evident on her facial features, as she approached her Teacher.

"Help me understand something will you?" She asked rhetorically

"As long as it's in English" Wednesday spat back rudely, knowing what was about to happen.

"This is exactly what I mean" the teacher removed her glasses and looked up from the paper she had in hand, turning it round "Wednesday what is this distaste you have with the French language" she asked for real this time

"I assure you I have no idea what you're referring to" she lied through her teeth

"This" she pointed to the large red F that plagued the top of her test paper page "You didn't even try Wednesday!" She raised her voice a bit "You just wrote I don't know ask me in English as your answer to every question" she scolded.