Despair

Credits to: WeakNerd_Arms

Wednesday didn't want to fall in love.

She doesn't have some sort of trauma or anything with falling in love. Her reason, she does admit it, is a bit stupid.

She just doesn't want to be like her family, more specifically, her mother and father. They are the definition of soulmates. They were made for each other. And Wednesday didn't want it. She wasn't ready for hand holding, she didn't want to be put in a trance when she saw her loved one.

That is, until Enid Sinclair came along.

When she first met her, it was a rocky start. As any meeting with Wednesday was, but this time, it didn't stay as the toxic relationship she has with everybody. Enid persevered about being Wednesday's friend, she would do anything. And that of course, made Wednesday feel some things.

She's never had someone care for her so much and not stop trying to be her friend after two fo her death threats, that's what Wednesday admired about Enid the most. She never really gave up. Like in the Poe cup, she never gave up about winning, she even thought about what Wednesday would do if she had to go to desperate measures to win.

It was no doubt that Wednesday had become more comfortable with Enid, she would want Enid to there, atleast in the dorm room with her, but not to come near and touch her. She felt like her head was pretty much exploding when she was around her, the blood rushing to her cheeks. At first, Wednesday swore that it wasn't romantic, trying to keep her pride intact.

Wednesday wasn't sure how to act around Enid. She wanted to keep her deadpan look and monotone voice, but it wasn't as easy as you think, Enid was so colorful and joyful all the freaking time, it was hard even to not smirk a little when Enid would laugh or smile brightly.

Sometimes Wednesday would lose sleep to her. Sometimes it was because of the taller girls loud snoring, but Wednesday would think of her day and night. If she was having a dream, if so, what was happening in there. Wondering if Enid still liked her, thinking about how her outfit was tolerable today. When she dumped all this to Thing, he thought that Wednesday was in love. Wednesday swore it wasn't any romantic feelings, still trying to keep her pride intact, even though it was failing.

Wednesday swore that it wasn't love.

It might be close to despair.