Come on, you have to admit!

Credits to: Kikila

Wednesday sat in her chair in front of her typewriter, just as she did every day at more or less the same time. The sound of clicking was expected at this hour and Wednesday had noticed that Enid started coming in later than usual, to avoid what she found to be a rather annoying sound.
Of course, Wednesday being the person she is, preferred solitude. There were little things that excited her more than being alone, but even so... Something was missing.
Since the day Sinclair decided not to be there when Addams wrote, Wednesday didn't feel the same.
There was something about Enid being there with her in the room, on her bed scrolling social media, giggling at funny posts... Somehow, it would almost seem as if the braided girl wanted her there! Of course she'd deny it until the day she laid lifeless in a casket, but deep down inside... She missed her.
Wednesday blinks.
Her eyes stop on the paper in her typewriter, more specifically on what she had just written.
A new character seemed to have entered her novel, because the name "Enid" now sat happily on her page, staring back at her.
She had never gotten distracted before, let alone made a mistake.
Her fingers freeze as her eyes glare at the letters.
She reached for the paper and removes it from the typewriter, setting it to the side. There was some good material on that page, it'd be a shame to just throw it away immediately.
Wednesday reaches for a new paper and sets it into her writing relic, looking down to the ruined page to copy the usable paragraph, but just as her fingers touch the keys, the door to the shared room opens and a pair of footsteps makes its way inside.
A soft sigh escapes the young Addams.
One of slight disappointment, as she's lost her tempo and is unlikely to get it back now that her roommate is there, but it was one of relief as well. Maybe the presence of the bubbly girl will finally silence the dreadful thoughts that had been harassing her and damaging her writing.

"Hey, you stopped writing so I thought I'd come in," a familiar voice notes from behind Wednesday.
The braided girl turns around and stares at Enid, who was now taking her boots off.
"I didn't," Wednesday responds.
Enid looks up at her roommate with furrowed eyebrows.
"What do you mean? But the clacking stopped!"
"I simply... Took a break."
Enid blinks.
She straightens her posture and kicks her boots off in the general direction of her bed before facing Wednesday head on.
"You don't take breaks," she then replies, mildly confused at this sudden behavioral change.
"Well," Wednesday starts, but goes silent.
Words escape her, the werewolf was right. She doesn't take breaks. Up until this point, she never stopped for a second, writing with unbridled efficiency even through headaches and illness.
"Well," she then starts again, "You don't usually stand outside the door and wait for the very second the sound stops either, if you did it every time, you'd know I take breaks sometimes."
Wednesday lied, obviously, but her accusation turned the focus of the conversation onto Enid, whose eyebrows rose dramatically.
"Why would you assume that?!"
"How else would you have known I stopped?"
"Do you have any idea how loud that thing is?! It's maddening!!" Sinclair fights back, raising her voice by a few notches.
"The door is too thick for my typewriter to echo into the hallway, you had to have been standing right next to it the whole... Time..."
Wednesday stops as Enid's face grows progressively redder. "I was not!"
"Your face gave you away, Sinclair," Wednesday says monotonously.
"Ugh!!" The accused girl groans, turning around.
Her nails had turned into claws.
"Now that I think of it..."
Wednesday tilts her head slightly.
"You rarely come in more than three minutes after I finish writing," she then notes.
"No, I don't! You're imagining things!"
"My imagination proves to be much more macabre than the image of you entering our room."
A moment of silence emerges, but passes as quickly as it formed.

"How long have you been doing this?" Wednesday then asks, curiously.
The guilty girl sighs in defeat and turns around, crossing her arms on her chest.
"Since I... Started leaving you alone. I just, I was missing something!" she finally admits, her tone of voice almost whiney.
"But I thought you hated the sound of-"
"I do!" Enid cuts Wednesday off, "I do hate it! But I... I feel like you really get me, you know? I want to be around you, even if your obsession with click clack click clacking is there too."
Wednesday was a little offended, having her hobby and commitment to her work reduced to "click clacking", but decides not to take it to heart, instead focusing on what Enid had confessed instead.
She knew Enid cared about her for some obscure reason, but to withstand what she considers nearly unbearable just to be in her presence?
"I'll get going, then," Sinclair then says suddenly, noticing Wednesday is taking a little too long to respond.
"Wait, why?"
"You said you weren't done?"
"I wasn't... But we- I can do something else. I just reached a good stopping point in my story anyway," Wednesday then lies again.
Why she wanted to pick Enid over her novel was beyond her. She decided not to pay a second thought to this impulsive decision and just closed her eyes for a moment, coming to terms with the fact that she stopped writing prematurely and completely lost her flow.
"Really? Can I see?"
"No!" Wednesday shouts, stepping in front of Sinclair who had started approaching the desk.

...

Enid stares at Wednesday, physically taken aback by her sudden outburst.
"It's private. And it's not done yet," she then partially explains herself, even if it was yet another lie.
"Okay," Enid complies and nods quickly, not wanting to be on the receiving end of the Addams' outburst.
Enid got the sense that Wednesday cared about her at least a little, even if in her own weird way, but she knew she wasn't beyond being smothered at night.
The two stand in silence for a moment.
"So what are you going to do?" Sinclair then asks.
"I haven't decided yet," Wednesday responds quickly.
In truth, she wasn't deciding at all, Addams was hoping that her roommate would come up with something instead that would lead them out of the room.

"It's pretty late, we could go look at stars!" Enid then suggests, perfectly fulfilling Wednesday's wish.
"Fine," she nods, "We can do that."
Enid puts her slippers on and walks to the window, opening it and stepping outside. Wednesday follows after her, doing the same and tilting her head up at the sky as Enid closed the window behind them.
There were no clouds at all. The stars shined bright, spread throughout the night sky.
Addams sits down next to the wall and leans her back against it.
"It's kind of cold," Enid then mentions, "I'll go get our snoods!" "Sure," Wednesday complies.
Sinclair opens the window once more and steps inside, looking around her part of the room for her snood. She quickly locates it on her bedside table, stepping overand grabbing it with one hand. She then moves to Wednesday's part of the room and tries to locate her's. It proved to be a bit more difficult, finding something black in a room where everything is black.

She steps over to the desk and looks around. Wednesday's box, where she kept all her finished pages, sat on the right edge, next to some scissors. Enid decided not to question it, since she was used to that by this point. The typewriter sat in the middle of the desk and next to it, a page that only held one paragraph of text.
Enid blinks in confusion.
Why did Wednesday stop there? She usually kept going until at least half a page was filled. The wolf girl leans in a bit closer and quickly spots what probably ticked Wednesday off. The name "Enid" still sat right there, at the end of the paragraph, now staring back at its owner.
The girl feels her face get a little warmer but keeps quiet and looks around some more. In the end, she finds the black snood sitting behind the typewriter, grabbing it discreetly and returning to the window.

Wednesday was still staring up at the night sky, looking at thousands of stars that glimmered above. The window opens again and Enid steps outside, wearing her snood over her face already.
"It's not that cold," Wednesday notes, reaching out to be handed her snood.
"It's pretty cold," Enid responds as she hands Wednesday her things, sitting down next to her.
Addams puts her headwear on and looks back to the sky. Enid follows her gaze upwards, soon leaving both of them with heads tilted towards the sky.
"It's pretty," Enid says after a few minutes.
Wednesday doesn't respond, but her silence was affirming.
"Hey, did... Did you miss me?" Enid then follows up.
"What?" Wednesday responds, looking at the werewolf.
Enid is put on the spot by the piercing gaze coming from underneath Wednesday's bangs, starting to panic.
"When you were writing, did you miss me?" she asks again, stammering a little.
"Whatever gave you that idea?"
Though the answer was yes, Wednesday would rather die than admit it.
"Nothing, I just thought..."
Enid stops as she notices something strange. Wednesday wasn't asking her that in her usual snarky, somewhat condescending manner. She was nervous.
"You did!" she answers her own question.
"No," Wednesday lies, staring at Enid whose smile was now obvious even through her snood.
"Come on, you have to admit! You did miss me," Enid continues.
Wednesday simply sighs and looks back up at the stars.
"I suppose it was strange not having your incessant giggling around," she then responds.
Enid smiles brightly and leans onto her roommate in a sort of armless hug.
"What are you doing?" Wednesday asks.
"Hugging you?"
A soft sigh escapes Wednesday. Through a great amount of restraint, the dark girl doesn't respond, letting Enid do her thing.
The two girls sat on their balcony for another hour or so before quietly heading to bed.