Vampire

Credits to: contramundi01

"How do I look?"

Wednesday's gaze lifts from the book in front of her to view her girlfriend, Enid. Instead of words Wednesday just lets out a long sigh and goes back to reading. The sooner this costume party was over the better, in Wednesday's opinion.

"I'll take that to mean 'wonderful darling, you are the night personified and I bask in your undead radiance!'" Enid said with a wide grin. Unlike usual, the majority of Enid's color was gone. She was dressed in an outfit she'd borrowed from Wednesday's family, an old suit from Gomez's great grandfather Radu Addams, and like most of their wardrobe it was a mix of black and white. Her blonde hair with its color filled tips was bound and hidden beneath a black wig and while her skin usually alternated between sunkissed and pale with a noticeable flush what was exposed was covered in enough makeup she managed to be paler than Wednesday. The only color left on Enid were her blue eyes, her lips adorned with a scandalous shade of red lipstick, and a few lines running down the edges of her mouth comprised of corn syrup and red food coloring.

Wednesday marked her place and shut the book. "Enid, I love you. You are my sun and there are any number of crimes I would commit for you. But you look like you tripped into a vat of flour then mugged a Goodwill. I cannot in any conscience, good or otherwise, say you personify anything other than tackiness."

"Good enough, that's totes what I'm going for anyway," Enid said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I'm sure Yoko's going to be an even more ridiculous display of a werewolf."

"And I fully intend to mock her attempt just as I have yours. More so, even, since I have no reason to hold back against her."

"Aww, you do have a heart! You're such a softie, Wednesday." Enid blows a kiss at her girlfriend, who smiles slightly.

"Not anymore, my love," she responds, "for I have given it to you."

Enid swoons a little, her moon definitely inherited Gomez's romantic stylings and Enid was very delighted by that fact. "Nonsense, I gave you mine in return. Or are you telling me you lost my heart?" Enid teases. Wednesday gives her a look that almost makes her consider skipping the party. Almost. "Where's your costume, anyway? You promised me you'd actually have one."

The smaller girl gestures to the wardrobe. "In there, I don't have to put on any makeup and it's not complex so I don't have to spend as much time getting ready as you." The goth girl goes over and pulls out her costume, an outfit right out of Pilgrim World. Wednesday puts it on quickly, and Enid whistles appreciatively at the finished ensemble.

"I know your general view of the pilgrims and you're probably wearing that as an opportunity to make some kinda statement, but is it bad I find you ridiculously hot in that? Like it's supposed to be all conservative, but wow you make it seem so. . . so hot. I can't find a better word."

Wednesday's eyes flash with pleasure, and she smiles wickedly as she saunters up to Enid. "It's not bad, not at all. And for the record, the only thing I wanted from this you just gave me." Wednesday takes Enid's hand and kisses it gently. "And the only thing I want from yours is for you to bite me when we get back."

Enid stopped breathing for a few moments, internally debating how pissed Yoko would be if she really did bail. Unfortunately that debate ended in 'very pissed' so instead she resolved to slip out early. After all, if she was gonna be a vampire tonight, she needed to make music with the creature of the night beside her.