Please Don't Hide from me

Credits to: NotAClue101

Enid was in the middle of changing into her pink silk PJ's humming lightly to herself happily. She pulled up her shorts and looked down at the four large scars that occupied the side of her torso and her face twisted into an expression of sadness. Her humming slowly evaporated to a dull lull as she ran her hand lightly across the damaged tissue remembering where her soft, untouched skin used to be.

She didn't regret fighting the Hyde. That wretched creature deserved everything it got after attempting to murder her beloved and her receiving multiple scars from the battle didn't phase her, atleast not at that time. She would do it again in a heartbeat if she had too regardless of how she felt looking at the damage caused.

She couldn't help but feel sorrowful at the sight as she trailed her hands up her body to reach her face where another set of scars settled across her cheek. She sniffled quietly to herself steadying her breath as images of the attack appeared in flashes of her memory, re-traumatising her all over again.

"Hello Enid" Wednesday appeared behind her with no warning, silent and seemingly unaware of her own unwanted presence.

"Wednesday!" Enid panicked turning around, covering her body hastily with her shirt that she was about to put on, fiddling with the material and straightening the fabric. She breathed lightly, before turning back around and attempting to divert the situation "Wednesdaaaay" she beamed happily at the sight of her beautiful girlfriend this time and rushed to embrace her.

But her heart sank when the pale girl took a small step back and examined her. Enid dropped her arms and pouted but Wednesday ignored her.

"Am I supposed to ignore what I just witnessed" she explained looking Enid up and down curiously concerned for the werewolf.

"What did you-" Enid trailed off before scrunching her eyebrows in confusion "How long have you been there?" She asked.

"Long enough" Wednesday folded her arms as if ready to scold Enid who just avoided making eye contact.

"It's nothing babe just-" she almost opened up to her but ultimately decided against it, halting her words. "I'm Fine" she assured her clearly concerned girlfriend.

"Cara Mia" Wednesday stepped forward slightly and reached a hand out to caress Enid's face but the girl flinched away from her, an action that was partially unintentional. After realising what she had done she looked away in shame. She wasn't ready to let her vulnerability take presidency over her time with Wednesday.

They had only just returned to normal after everything that happened and she still wasn't ready talk about it yet.

Wednesday was taken aback by the sudden movement and immediately went into a defensive stance, concerned that her usually very affectionate girlfriend wasn't willing to accept her touch. A very unfamiliar feeling when it came to Enid.

She didn't mean to be so reclusive but this was the first time Wednesday had seen the damage after cleaning and tending to her wounds immediately after the Hyde attack. Enid had assumed she would heal as did Wednesday but unfortunately for her the healing process wouldn't fully be able to occur because of the type of claw that had dug deep into her skin that night.

"Darling?" Wednesday questioned "Your aversion to my touch is disconcerting" she expressed her feelings openly and without worry.

"No no!" She panicked again and placed a light hand on her arm "It not that" she wrapped her arms around Wednesdays neck, desperately trying to prove to her girlfriend that her touch was not the issue right now.

"Cara Mia" she softly spoke, her eyes wide and glazed with care "Are you ashamed of your scars?" She asked hesitating only because this was Enid. If it were anyone else she wouldn't hold the same compassion but this was her beloved, and the woman who had attained those very scars in an attempt to save her life.