Just Another Wenclair Story

Credits to: ArgusWrites

Several months have passed since the Hyde incident in Jericho. Most of the students have settled back to their own lives.

Wednesday has been spending her time creating her death machines and writing her novels. One such novel was unlike her previous works. It was lighter in tone.

One afternoon as she was writing, her mother came knocking on her door.

"Thing, open the door." Thing was helping Wednesday with her typewriter.

As Thing opened the door, Morticia stood there with a mischievous smile on her face that Wednesday recognized all too well.

"Wednesday, someone's looking for you."

"Tell them to go away and never come back. I've yet to finish my time for the day."

"Oh, well. Thing, help your friend to settle in the guest room." Thing jumped down from the knob and left the room.

"Mother, I appreciate you looking out for a guest but right now, I cannot be bothered. I'm almost finished with today's segment."

"Well, Dinner's also almost ready."

And with that Morticia left. Wednesday was left working on her novel.

A few moments later, Wednesday came down from her room to be welcomed by a very familiar voice. A giggle she could never forget. The sunshine of a bright spring day.

"Oh, there's our little viper. Come, your friend's been waiting on you." Gomez looked over to her daughter.

There sat Enid Sinclair across Gomez. Enid looked over her shoulder to look at Wednesday. Wednesday's eyes were drawn to Enid like moths to a flame.

Wednesday sat next to Enid.

"Wednesday, I'm sorry for coming not-so-unannounced. I was in contact with your mother and I thought she told you."

"Mother did tell me a friend was visiting but I just wasn't expecting it to be you since you live across the country."

"My mom was cranking up the pack to travel to another state. So I figured why don't I visit you. There hasn't been much news on when we'll be back on Nevermore. But everyone's been talking about visiting Principal Weems' the next weekend that everyone's free."

"I see. So will you be digging up her grave and dance with her or do you plan to see if she's been cursed to come back to life? "

"What? No. We'll just be laying down some flowers and some messages regarding how we're doing."

"I see. Well, you can consider me not counted since I've much to do."

The dinner table was silent after Wednesday's last answer. Everyone ate in awkward silence.

Later that night, Wednesday was practising some songs on her cello. Enid was in her room, making some reels for her followers. She didn't tell where she was knowing that it would attract some unwarranted attention from people who have been asking very suspicious and personal questions.

By the time Wednesday was done, there was an unsettling feeling in the air. Wednesday went to the room beneath hers through the old coal chute.

"Enid. Your whimpering has been unsettling." Wednesday popped up behind Enid who was laying on her side.

"Wednesday, I'm sorry. There's just been a lot of things bothering me." Enid wiped her face as she turned to face Wednesday.

"The thing with your mother was a lie, wasn't it?"