How to Comfort Your Pup 101

Credits to: Ruby_Bear2919

Wednesday cursed her stupid heart, making her stand at this door like a lost middle schooler. She could hear her target laughing and talking with someone else on the other side, so she knew she was in the right place. Yet, she still hesitated to knock because she would be admitting defeat. But pride be damned, she needed answers to the eternal colorful enigma that was Enid Sinclair.

The witch rapped quickly against the dark wood and stepped back from the door. The voices inside the room quieted, along with the laughter.

"One sec!"

Wednesday felt her body tense more than she thought possible. The sound of footfalls caused the seer to take a deep breath before the door opened. On the other side was a taller girl with round glasses and a curious/surprised expression.

"Uh... Hi, Wednesday?" Yoko said as if she were unsure of what she was seeing.

The raven fought every muscle in her body to not shift uncomfortably from foot to foot as Enid would.

"I need to speak with you," her dark eyes gave no hint of her anxiousness as a brunette siren leaked out from the corner, "Privately."

The vampire glanced over her shoulder to her girlfriend, and Divina shook her head and walked out the door with her hands raised.

"I love you, but whatever you did is your problem. Please don't kill my girlfriend, Addams."

"Divi! Wha- but I didn't- shit..."

The siren turned around and kissed the older girl with a wink before disappearing down the hall and around the corner.

Yoko stood stunned for a moment, silently praying that the Addams had grown a funny bone and Divina was helping with a prank. Sadly, when she turned to face the raven, the vampire sighed and stepped aside to let the shorter girl enter. She knew Wednesday would find a way into her room, open door or not.

"What did you need to talk about?" Yoko asked, shutting the door and crossing her arms.

Wednesday looked around the room, noted the paused movie, and tossed bedsheets.

"I will do my best to make this quick, but I may have questions about your possible answers." The seer replied as she stood in the middle of the room, looking stiff with her hands clasped in front of her.

"Uh, okay? Should we sit?"

Yoko offered a desk chair, feeling uncomfortable just watching the monochrome girl standing like a statue.

"No, need. I- I have come to- ask... for your assistance. I have reason to believe that Enid is upset. Though I do not know what vexes her, I would prefer this matter be solved sooner rather than later, as it has come to hinder my writing and practice time."

Though she struggled with admitting it, Wednesday did need help. And all she said was true. Thanks to the werewolf's odd behavior, the raven's mind has been plagued with thoughts of Enid. What could have made her roommate upset? Was it that gorgon boy? Would she need a shovel to fix the problem?

However, even when the seer spoke in her usual stoic tone, Yoko could hear the worry and care in the other's words. But, the vampire was caught a bit off guard hearing the closest Wednesday has ever come to stuttering, at least, in front of the vampire.

"Okay, what makes you think Enid is upset?" the taller girl asked.

She mostly wanted to get her mind off all the jokes she could make at the raven, seeing as they would most likely get her killed. Also, Yoko was confused as to what Wednesday was saying. Enid always went to Yoko when she had a problem, and recently it had all been good news from the blond.