Hurt comfort

Credits to: obsessedaxolotl

Enid woke up feeling like she was on fire. She pushed blankets off of her body before pulling them back, suddenly cold. She stood up shakily to get a glass of water, although it only made her feel worse.
"Enid."
Enid turned around slowly to see her roommate standing with her arms crossed.
"You were growling and whining all night."
"Sorry." Enid muttered, not fighting back. But inside, she was fighting with herself. How pathetic, she thought, she is a burden even while she is sleeping. Wednesday immediately strutted forward.
"What is the matter?"
"I don't feel good." Enid whispered, slowly walking back to her bed. It was true. Enid felt awful. Emotionally and psychically.
She felt worthless.
Enid had always struggled with her mental health. She had severe anxiety, and sometimes had bouts of depression. This was one of those times.
She hadnt done any homework in days, hadn't gone outside, and now she was sick and someone would have to put up with her. She scowled at herself.
Wednesday followed her.
"Get up. We need to work on our school project."
"I'm sick." I'm sick of being here, she thought. Sick of being sad for no reason. Sick of feeling off.
"Suck it up."
Enid frowned, her face straining and her lip quivering. She couldn't take it anymore.
Wednesday sighed. "Here we go."
"Why are you so mean to me? I feel awful! I can't do anything right! If you want me to feel bad can't I just sit in bed and feel miserable??" Enid sobbed.
Wednesday blinked, surprised at Enids burst of emotion.
Wednesday sat down carefully next to Enid.
"Enid. I know i am not the best friend. But I do care about you. Deeply." She hesitated. "I am not very good at changing my schedule. But after more thought, I would rather... I... I would rather take care of you." She forced out.
Enid forced her eyes open to look at her roommate. She nodded slowly.
"I just... I feel sick on the inside."
Wednesday furrowed her brow.
"I mean... I'm sad."
"Because you're sick?"
"No I'm just... I think I'm depressed."
Wednesday was quiet for a moment. "I am sorry. I haven't been here for you. I hope you know you can come to me for anything." Wednesday said though the words sounded like they pained her.
"You don't want me to."
"I just told you to."
"You hate me."
"I tolerate you."
Enid huffed. "What did i do to make you hate me?"
"...sorry. Enid, I care deeply about you. Even though I am not great at showing it. I love you. Please believe me. I would die for you in a heartbeat."
Enids eyes welled up with tears again and she smiled slightly. Wednesday continued.
"All I want is for you to be happy. I would do anything for you. But right now, let's help you feel a little better physically, yeah?"
Enid nodded, wiping a tear off her cheek.
Wednesday paused before pressing her palm against Enids forehead.
"You're hot."
Enid smirked.
"You're warm. You're insufferable."
Enid pouted dramatically before whimpering.
Wednesday left the room.
She finally got sick of me, thought Enid. she doesn't want to-
"I got ice." Wednesday murmured, pressing a towel wrapped around ice to enids forehead.
"T-thanks, wednesday." Enid tried to smile before she grimaced.
"I feel so awful. I don't get sick very often but this is the worst I've ever been."
"I'm sorry." Wednesday said simply.

After just a few minutes, Enid dozed off.
Wednesday looked at her roommate. She had certainly noticed her beauty before. Impulsively, wednesday took an ice cube out of the rag and pressed it against Enids cheek. She dragged the ice cube against her jaw, watching a droplet of water run down her neck. She released a breath she didn't know she was holding.
She slowly brought the ice cube to Enids lips, running the ice cube over them gently. Her lips looked soft.
I like Enid, wednesday knew deep down but hadn't wanted to admit it. Hadn't had time to admit it. She repeated it to herself, knowing it was true.
Wednesday dropped the ice cube like it had suddenly burned her.
I can't believe I let someone in, she scolded herself, i let someone into my heart, i let someone-
"Ahh!" Enid sat up, pushing the ice cube off of her neck, where wednesday hadn't noticed she dropped it.
"Sorry." She forced out, trying to act normal.
"S'okay." Enid said, shifting backwards from Wednesday. Wednesday frowned until enids arm hooked around her, lazily pulling her down to her. Wednesday cautiously laid next to Enid. Wednesday was stiff as Enid curled into her side.
Enid was surprised when Wednesday melted into the touch after only a moment. Enid looked up.
"You, you... you hate hugs." Her brow furrowed.
"This isn't exactly a hug."
Enid just looked at her expectantly.
"You're an exception." Wednesday muttured.
"I have feelings for you." Enid blurted.
Wednesday didn't say anything.
"I'm sorry, I thought-"
"Hush. It appears I have feelings for you as well. No matter how infuriating you may be."
Enid hugged wednesday to her side.
"Enid. Would you," she grimaced. "Would you be my... girlfriend?"
Enid all but gasped, pulling her roommate closer.
"Please" she whined.
Wednesday smirked at her new girlfriend, warm feelings arising in her chest.
"That means you can't be mean to me anymore." Enid poked her.
"That was not agreed upon."
"You like me! You have to act like it."
"I do."
Enid sighed. "Okay." She said a little dejectedly.
"Enid."
Enid hummed.
"I am not a very good partner. I have trouble expressing emotions. However, you are very dear to me and I shall try my hardest to please you."
Enid smiled and hummed into her side.
Wednesday lifted enids head up and put it in her lap. Enid made a questioning noise before Wednesday carded her fingers through her hair. Enid sighed contentedly.
"If i could take this affliction from you, I hope you know I would." Wednesday whispered and kissed the blonde on the forehead.
"You're so beautiful, and kind, and you can almost make me smile." Wednesday whispered. "You make me not want to hurt people. You make me want to be better. You're worth it."
Enid twisted her neck to peer at wednesday. Wednesday noticed Enids gaze on her lips. Enid questioned with her eyes.
"You're going to get me sick."
"Oh, right. Sorry." Enid moved away.
Wednesday grabbed her by the collar and yanked her up to crush their lips together. Enid gasped and melted and wednesday held her tight, the unfamiliar warm body heat exciting her.
Wednesday pulled away after only a moment. "You should go back to bed. It'll be good for you."
Enid gave Wednesday a peck on the lips before pushing herself off of her and sliding back into the covers. This time, wednesday followed suit and spooned Enid from behind.
Wednesday took care of Enid for the rest of the day, occasionally calling Yoko to bring them food. Several chaste kisses were offered to get Enid to drink the soup.
"You realize I win either way" wednesday smirked.
"Oh. Okay." Enid said and slurped down the rest of the soup.
Wednesday frowned. "I assume you want a kiss anyways." She prodded.
"Nope." Enid fell into wednesdays arms, back pressed against her chest. Wednesday's arms instinctively wrapped around the taller girls waist.
"Don't lie."
"Weds, it sounds like you want a kiss." Enid teased and wednesday flushed.
"I hate you." She murmured.
"You don't." Enid smirked.
Wednesday gave a playful bite to the back of her girlfriends neck, eliciting a whine.
"Wednesday!"
"You want a kiss now?"
"Wednesday just ask!" She huffed.
"Enid... can i... kiss me?" She forced out and Enid twisted around to lock their lips together.