Smart, Perceptive, and chronically misunderstood

Credits to: WeakNerd_Arms

Enid was very interested in Wednesday's novel. It was no other book she has ever read. Sure, it has a lot of gore in there. But that's Wednesday.

Enid remembers the first time Wednesday let her read her novel.

(This means someone is remembering something)

"Wednesday?" Enid called from her bed.

"Yes?" Wednesday said in her usual monotone voice.

"Can I read your story?" Enid asked. She knows that Wednesday has excellent punctuation and spelling, maybe she could get some tips on how she could make her blog look more professional.

"Novel." Wednesday corrected. Enid nodded mentally to herself.

"Right, novel. But can I read it?" Wednesday eyes looked at Enid but did not move and inch. Enid waited patiently. She has learned a lot of things while rooming with Wednesday. Like, touching is a big no for her. You cannot go on her side unless you get permission. Basic things like that. She was really a normal person if she didn't give death threats to everyone.

"Let me finish my writing time." Wednesday responded calmly, on the other hand, Enid was very excited.

"Alright!" Enid said, she laid back down on her bed and waited.

---

"I'm done." Wednesday said, Enid didn't notice her walking all the way to her bed. Enid said a quick thank you and grabbed the stapled pages and read the title.

Viper the Smart, perceptive, and chronically misunderstood.

Huh, what a weird title. Enid looked up at Wednesday, Wednesday was just staring. Sort of freaked Enid out, but Enid was used to it.

(This means remembering something in a book)

"Viper was smart, perceptive, chronically misunderstood. Why did no one understand her? She didn't know. No one followed her rules, no one thought of her feelings, her parents were also suffering.

There was only one person who sort of understood her. Her roommate that she tolerates, Edith.

Edith was the exact opposite of Viper. Loving, happy, but also chronically misunderstood. She's the only person that actually understands her and follows her rules, doesn't get too close to her, at least most of the time. But Edith was the only person that Viper liked."

Enid kept reading and reading, getting farther into the night, Wednesday fell asleep sometime into the 4th page. Enid stopped at the 8th page, it left off at Viper fighting a large blood-thirsty monster.

—-

"Wednesday, can I read your novel again? When I read it last time, you hadn't finished it. You finished it now." Wednesday looked back. And looked at her novel.

"I haven't proofread it, so don't judge me if there's a few words that seem out of place. But also tell me so I can fix it." Wednesday said, getting the stapled papers out of the case. Wednesday walked over and handed it to Enid.

"I'm going to shower in the bathroom now." Wednesday said, walking over to the bathroom. Enid hummed in a response.

"The creature growled. Viper got the knife that she required from the workshop where the bee-keeper lived. Viper knew she wouldn't win this fight, but she wanted to inflict as much damage to the distressed monster. Viper got caught in a head lock and was choking in the strong grip that the monster had. Until Edith landed a strong blow. Which let the monster let go of Viper, allowing her to finally breathe."

Enid read on and on, on the edge as the words were always perfect. Always getting Enid to gasp when something that was predictable but also unpredictable at the same time. It was like you expected it to happen, but it was so predictable that you thought it wouldn't happen.

"Viper and Edith were blacked in glory as the saved everyone and defeated the monster. Viper looked at the wounds that were sure to leave a scar on Edith's arms. Viper admired them. A remainder always to Edith that she won this fight and saved Viper. Viper will forever be in her debt. Viper wanted to tell her something in the moment. But she guessed that she had to keep her feelings away from Enid."

Enid waited and waited for Wednesday to come out. When she did, Enid particle lunges at her, Enid stopped from touching her. Still wanting to be respectful, Enid handed her the papers and Wednesday took it, confused.

"You could've just left it on my desk, you know?" Wednesday said, looking at Enid.

"I know...I just wanted to say, you have a typo on the last page." Enid said, smiling and eyes teary. Wednesday looked up. Enid couldn't refrain anymore, and hugged Wednesday. Wednesday was startled but didn't pull away.

"I like you too."