Birthday

Credits to: contramundi01

"Are you sure you want to do this? If you remember, I don't exactly have the best track record with birthday parties." The question may have well been rhetorical, and Wednesday knew that. Enid wanted Wednesday to have a birthday party, so she was getting one. And she wasn't going to try and get out of it, really, because what Enid wanted Wednesday wanted her to have. But she had to put up at least some resistance. To save face.

"Yes. I've thought about it, and we've got all the necessary parts to make you a fantastic birthday. First, you don't have a current obsession," Wednesday quirks an eyebrow then makes a show of slowly kissing up Enid's arm. The werewolf's eyes flutter and she pulls her arm from Wednesday's grip only to gently stroke the goth's face. "Let me amend, no current obsession that will distract you. Second, it's not a surprise party. You know it's happening, when, where, and who all is invited. Third, I've instructed everyone not to sing under penalty of whatever you deem appropriate." Wednesday's eyes widened. "Yep, even Kent's gonna comply with that hanging over their heads. And finally, it's going to be great because this time your lovely girlfriend is gonna smooch you so much beforehand even if everything blows up in our faces you'll still be in a good mood!" Enid punctuates the list by kissing Wednesday on the nose.

Wednesday nips Enid's jaw lightly before kissing it. "I'll admit, the no singing clause definitely improves my opinion of the party. My ideal birthday, though, is still spent alone with you. Perhaps a quiet picnic in the Jericho graveyard." She nuzzles into Enid's neck, so tempted to kiss and mark though settling only for the first. She smiles as Enid shivers beneath her lips. "After we eat we use your wireless speakers to play something for our own dance macabre. Then we return here, I serenade you with my cello before we watch a movie, drifting off to sleep in each other's arms."

Enid hums in approval. "You should have said that before I planned you a party. We coulda done that instead." Enid looks down toward her girlfriend, Wednesday's eyes looking back up at her, softer than anyone else got to see.

"No, it's better this way. I ruined your last attempt, I owe it to you. To them as well."

"Nah, the party I totes get. But you owe me for the mansion, so we'll say it's for that. Still, we gotta do that as a date sometime, it sounds so romantic." Enid's eyes are half-lidded, enthralled by the romantic date Wednesday wove for them.

Wednesday smirks. "So I've finally convinced you cemeteries are romantic? Good. Otherwise you'd hate what my parents have planned as a romantic summer getaway for us."

"What's that?"

"A trip to Paris, specifically to see the catacombs. It's what they did for their honeymoon and thought we'd enjoy it as well."

Enid purses her lips. "Not my first pick, but god help me I've been with you long enough I kinda get it. Just promise me we'll do stuff above ground too, mkay?"

"Of course, my heart," Wednesday replies before taking Enid's hand and gently brushing her lips across the knuckles. "We will explore the parks and museums, you will get to sample Parisian fashion, and we will take at least one day to see the countryside. Perhaps not a party, but I think it'll be a good way to celebrate your birthday."

Enid blushed. "I didn't think you knew my birthday, Wednesday." She pulled the smaller girl into a hug, ever thankful that particular barrier was gone for good.

"I asked Yoko. What kind of lover would I be if I didn't know the day of your birth?" Wednesday cupped Enid's cheek, caressing it lightly and holding her gaze tenderly.

"Lover sounds so intimate," Enid said with a squeak.

"Are we not?" Wednesday asked with a tilt of her head, her eyes had that glint that meant trouble. The fun kind.

Enid bit her lower lip before replying, "I suppose we are." She bent forward and kissed her girlfriend.