~~10: xikers Hunter - Late much?~~

y/n's POV
It's 00:34am and I'm sitting here waiting for my boyfriend to come home when he said he'd be home at 11pm. He's at dance practice and I'm getting tired of waiting. I just hope he's not overworking himself. He's prone to doing such things so I really hope he's taking it easy. I get that it's his work and I appreciate that and I've already told him that I shouldn't be the one to hold him back and that he should do whatever he needs to to achieve his dreams and that I will support him fully along the way but this is worrying me now.
Usually he's only late by 30-40 minutes, and quite frankly, it's been a lot more now. Then again he should be home by now either way. I know I sound like an overprotectiveass mum but I'm just worried and also kinda paranoid that maybe he's not at dance practice and just said he is but he's actually with another girl. That's the last thing I want, oh Gosh. I love Hunter with my all and beyond and we've known eachother for nine years now and that's about how long I've had trust in him too. He's literally the perfect person for me and there's nothing more I could possibly ask for in a guy. So yeah, I just hope that's not really the situation because my heart would sink.

Anyways, 00:57, I was so close to falling asleep on the sofa when the sound of jangling keys was heard opening the front door. My head was already buried in my hands as I was sat at the sofa, but I raised my head ever so slightly when Hunter arrived. You could see the jet lag in my eyes.

"y/n.. I thought you'd be asleep by now." a concerned Hunter came walking over to me and crouching down on the floor in front of me and putting a hand on my knee.
"Were you waiting for me this whole time?" he asked in a quiet but comforting voice.
"Yeah Hunter. I have been waiting this whole time. Late much?" I said back to him in an upset kinda worried tone.
"Love, I'm sorry, I didn't expect to be this late, I was so caught up in perfecting the cover choreo that I lost track of time. Please forgive me." he pleaded.

"You didn't overwork yourself did you?" I asked him and he just lowered his head a bit not saying anything.
"Hunter! You know how much I hate it when you overwork yourself! You need to stop, you know it's not good for you! You can always just carry on the next day, don't just carry on even when you feel like you're about to pass out! Oh God, please tell me you didn't pass out."
Again, he looked down, not a single word escaping his mouth.
"Hunteeer!" I stood up from the sofa, getting even more upset. "You need to start taking better care of yourself, overworking yourself on a weekly basis isn't good for your health! You need to maintain your health, especially as a K-pop idol. I was so worried Hunter!" I told him strictly as he stood up aswell.

"Sorry baby, I promise I won't do it again. I try not to but I just can't and I know it's not good for me, I just- my mind is too focused on that particular thing. But don't worry, I was drinking a lot of water and eating regularly. Kinda." he said.
"You drank a lot of water and still managed to faint? Unbelievable. Oh my God, do you know how worried I was? I thought you were.. I thought you were cheating on me.." I said, the tears threatening to fall as I was just so worried about my boyfriend still.
Horror flashed within his eyes before he said "oh God y/n no, don't ever think that. I love you with my entire heart and I will never stop loving you no matter what. No one else can make me fall in love like you did. It's just not happening because there's no one like you out there. You're the perfect one for me y/n, I could neeever cheat on you with aaanyone." he reassured me while grabbing my hands as he told me. This made me so relieved, you have no idea.
"I'm sorry baby, I really am. I hate myself for overworking myself and for being much later than I promised and making you this worried about it, all more than once, and because I know overworking's not good for me and I know how much it worries you. As much as I appreciate your concern, I don't want you to worry about me, okay? Your boyfriend's gonna be juuust fine. And I also really appreciate the fact you waited for me even after an hour and a half and that you don't mind me staying later than usual, and I know this was a lot later than when I'm usually late so thank you y/n." he said gently and a cute, reassuring smile formed on his face. He pulled me in for a warm hug where he grabbed the back of my head with his right hand.
"Please forgive me." he asked me once again.
"Of course I forgive you baby, and I'm sorry for raising my voice, I was just really worried." I told him.
"No, I completely understand why you did it, you don't have to be sorry for that."

We remained in the hug for quite some time. He buried his face into the crook my neck and said "you know I love you right?"
"Hehe, I love you too Hunter. So much."
"I promise I'll never make you that worried ever again." he said, holding up his pinkie. I locked my pinkie with his and then a new promise was born.

He gently cupped my face and kissed me as if I was to shatter to bits in his hands in that very second. The kiss lasted a few seconds and then we decided to go to bed as we were both absolutely exhausted.

word count: 1044