~~44: ENHYPEN Jungwon - Have It (Vampire AU) Pt.2~~

⚠️TW: Mention of blood⚠️

Throughout the next couple weeks I went out on certain days to get y/n things for her birthday and just on the day before it, I managed to get her a beautiful necklace and matching rings for us. I'm totally spoiling her but I really couldn't care less, she's worth way more anyway. So far I've gotten her roses, chocolates, the necklace and the matching rings of course, matching PJ's, and I got her a pumpkin spice scented candle. I hope she loves it. All I need now is a card.

By the time her birthday came around the very next day, I had her card ready and I swear to God I wrote a wholeass essay in there. I genuinly hope she loves it.

I dressed up trying to look my best in a beige drop shoulder shirt with a few of the top buttons undone and a pair of blue jeans and a long coat, spraying a bit of my favourite cologne on and making sure my hair looked good. I didn't want her friends and family to get the wrong impression of me, but I think we all know the main reason behind all this was to impress y/n. I didn't look too formal, nor too casual. Just right. Around 12pm I came knocking on her door since I wanted to be there a bit early just to see her even though it's supposed to start at 1pm. I asked her before of course, and she said it was fine so I went.

As soon as she opened the door, my jaw dropped to the floor. She looked gorgeous. She was wearing a charcoal-black Dress with these cute buttons and cream-white ruffles at the top. I know that is a simple outfit, but y/n always looks gorgeous so can you imagine me seeing her in a dress when I never have before?

"y/n! You look amazing!" I said to her, low-key checking her out.
"Thank you Jungwon-ah, so do you!" she said cheerfully.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU LIL' CUTIE!" I said, ruffling her hair and then hugging her with my one hand that was free as the other one was holding her presents in a gift bag.
"THANK YOU JUNGWON!" she said in the same tone, hugging me back. "you can put the present over there on the floor. I'll open all of them once we've all eaten and all that."
"Okay" I said, placing the present where she asked me to.

"By the way, do your friends and family know you're my mate?" I asked her out of curiosity. It kind of just popped into my head. I was probably starting to feel nervous.
"Only a few of them. My parents and my three close friends know. I don't know if my parents told anyone else but I told them to keep it on the low because it's not that big a deal anyway. I mean mates have been around for what - decades, so.. ya know." she explained.
"Yeah, you're right. Do you need help with anything by the way?"
"Well I'm pretty much done setting up, I just need to put out all the food. By food I mean snacks. We'll order pizza or something. And people will probably be bringing more food aswell so ordering might actually not be necessary in the end."
"Haha, okay, I can help you put out the food." I offered.

And later, just in the nick of time, we heard the doorbell ring just as I'd put the last cupcake onto the plate.
y/n went to open the door and I didn't realize my hands were sweating 'till I wiped them on my jeans. I buttoned up one of my buttons just so I don't come across as disrespectful or anything.

"Ah hi, you must be Jungwon. Pleasure to meet you, I'm y/n's mum." a very kind looking woman came over to me and shook my hand as I did a ninety-degree bow and said "nice to meet you too Mrs. Kang."
"Hello, I'm y/n's dad, pleased to meet you Jungwon." and her dad, who looked a lot scarier than her mum, also shook my hand as I did a ninety- degree bow to him aswell.
"You seem very nervous dear, you can loosen up, we're nicer than you think. And no need to be so formal." her mum said with a comforting smile.
"Oh, okay." I said, returning the smile.

Over the next hour or so the people just kept pouring in, people I'd never seen before. Most of them looked nice so I felt fine. I just kind of felt out of place since I was the only vampire. Or the only full vampire atleast; one of y/n's cousins is a hybrid which is probably why we got along so well. His name's Sunghoon and he's quite the jokester.