~~67: &TEAM Jo - Lover Boy Pt.3~~

six months later~~

"AH"
Me and Jo's friends started bursting out laughing when I jumpscared Jo in the canteen queue.

"Ah that was priceless" Nicholas said.
"His reaction was gold" EJ added on.
"I was gonna say y/n's coming but then she went like this so I didn't and I'm glad I didn't" Harua said as he demonstrated when I signalled for him to not say anything when he saw me and was clearly about to tell them I'm coming.
"Same" Maki said, as he too saw me when I was approaching them.
"Nah but you even scared me" Taki said as his hand was on his chest.
"Of course she did." Yuma said, knowing all well that Taki gets scared of everything.
"Yeah I saw you jump" Nicholas said to him while laughing again.

"Oh by the way im'ma just cut in the line with you guys here 'cause there's no way I'm going to the back of that." I said, pointing the back of the queue which was like miles away.

"I might come watch you guys practice after school. I have nothing better to do, all my friends made plans." I said to them.
"Oh that would be nice." Maki said.
"Yeah you can give us feedback" Jo said.
"Wah, true captain right there" EJ said, making us laugh a little.

We eventually got our food and they sat with the rest of their friends while I went to sit with mine.
"How was talking to Jo?" one of my friends asked as I sat down.
"I playfully rolled my eyes and told them "is Jo all you lot can think of?" and they giggled.

"Okay but seriously." another one of them said.
"Well it was good. I talked with his friends too, it was quite fun."
"Lucky girl." Reina said to me.
"Yeah you're literally friends with THE Asakura Jo like, how do you do it?" another friend asked.
"I... talk to him? Hate to break it to you ladies, but it ain't rocket science." I joked.

Anyways, after having to talk about Jo for the next twenty minutes after that, the bell rang which meant we had to go to last period, which for me was biology.

After that painfully long biology lesson, I made my way to the sports hall and sat in the stands. I waited a few minutes while scrolling through my phone before hearing faint commotion getting more and more audible from the back and echoing throughout the hall. Obviously, it was Jo and his team, so when they saw me, I said hi to all of them and we had a mini chat before they began their practice.

Jo's POV
As I was making my way to the changing rooms with Yuma I started to get a little nervous at the thought of my own crush watching us practice. I didn't have a problem with it, I was just nervous that I'd make a fool of myself infront of her or something.

"Don't worry dude, you're the captain for a reason. Just act natural, be yourself and you'll be fine." Yuma said to me while patting my shoulder.
"Thanks man" I said to him.

We then made it to the changing rooms and it was surprisingly only Harua and Fuma there, so we were pretty early.

Anyways when everyone was there I made my usual announcement and then we headed into the hall. As we were walking there I could see y/n in the stands and that's when I asked the person nearest to me, which happened to be K Hyung, if I looked okay. He said I looked great so I then continued walking with confidence, and she waved at us and we all greeted her and had a mini chat before going to actually practice.
"Okay so let's do a warm-up! You're all gonna hate me for this but let's do ten burpees and then run a lap round the court."
"UUGHHH JO-KUUNN" Nicholas exclaimed.
"What did we ever do to you?" Taki added on.
"I'm sorryyyy." I said in defence.

I looked over at y/n and we made eye confact while she was laughing with that beautiful smile on her face.

During practice I couldn't help but look over at y/n countless times. Each time I glanced over, she looked gorgeous as ever. Literally just sitting there. I don't even know how that's possible. Once practice was over, before going to the changing rooms, we went over to y/n as Maki asked her "so what did you think, y/n?"
"Honestly, you're all amazing, there's nothing more to say. You're definitely ready for the championships I'll tell you that. You're all gonna beat everyone's ass." she said while swinging her bag over her shoulder and walking down to us.
"Wow, that's actually great to hear." K Hyung said.
"Yeah, if y/n says we're ready for the championships then I believe her." Fuma said to the team, making y/n giggle as he smiled at her and we agreed with him.
"Thanks for the feedback y/n." Maki said brightly.
"My pleasure." y/n replied, smiling.
"I'll wait outside the changing rooms." she said as we went in.