~~74: EPEX Baekseung - Mudblood (Harry Potter AU) Pt.1~~

"Alright there mudblood?"

Ah, another day, another stupid encounter with Draco Malfoy.

You despised him to death, always have, him and his little minions, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, and Baekseung.

You ignored him and kept reading your book.

"Did your muggle parents not teach you to respond to people when they're talking to you or is that not a thing in your world?" he asked with his stuck up ass.
"Don't speak about my parents like that." you said through gritted teeth as you were already annoyed by his mere presence, not taking your eyes off the book because you knew if you did you'd want to punch him across that petty face of his.

"Or what? Huh, mudblood? What are you gonna-"
And you wasted no more of your precious time and just punched him across the face.
You weren't about to put up with his shenanigans on a Wednesday afternoon.

All of his little minions glanced at you then moved all their attention to Malfoy. One in particular, took a bit longer to take his eyes off you than the others, and that was Baekseung.

You see, he's not very fond of these people either, he only became friends with them in first year to fit in, but he's now regretted it since and he knows that if he backs out they will see him as a coward or they'll just forever take the piss out of him just for leaving the friend group. He has other friends who are actually nice, of course, but the issue is not everyone is aware how nice he actually is when you get to know him. But of course you don't know this, nearly no one does.

And you would be lying if you said you didn't find him enchanting. And you don't really know what he's like either, he doesn't speak much, you've barely heard anything proper from him, all you know is he's friends with Malfoy so he can't be that good, but then again he might also be nothing like him.

He's had his eyes on you since first year. He's admired you from afar, blushed whenever you two interacted in any way and he just loved everything about you, but he made it subtle so you wouldn't notice, and it's worked up until now so it's going quite successfully. He denied it for ages at the start until about second year, beginning of the third year at most, but then he accepted it when he realised.
He doesn't think being a mudblood, or muggle-born rather, is a disgrace at all, and he indeed thinks Draco is a stuck-up, self centered dickhead, but he thinks he can't go back now. He's playing it off incredibly well though.

"Miss y/l/n!" the voice of Professor McGonagall, calling your name. Oh so familiar after punching Malfoy, which is quite regular by the way.
You can't help it, he's doing it to himself.

There are many perks to being one of the very very few at this school who talks back to Malfoy and just doesn't give a shit, but it also comes with its consequences, clearly.

You groan loudly and then turn around as you head over to Professor McGonagall just so she can tell you that 'that's 50 points from Gryffindor' for the fourth time this term.
"Sorry professor."
"It's not me you should be saying sorry to Miss y/l/n, it's Mr Malfoy you should be saying it to! That's the fourth time this term! You promised at the end of last term that this would stop yet why haven't you put that forward? He's had to be taken to Professor Pomfrey multiple times because of your foolish actions! I am very disappointed with you Miss y/l/n, next time it will be a detention, I'll guarantee that. I better not catch you doing that again!"
"Yes professor, I understand." you said as she stormed off and you rolled you eyes.

You turn around to see one of your mates laughing.
"Oh fuck off mate" you smiled.
"I can't help it! You gotta stop doing that in the view of literally everyone." Keum said to you.
"I've done it so many times and I've only been caught a fraction of the time. Majority of the time it's when no one's around, or I get lucky and a teacher didn't see and no one snitched. Ah, I remember that one time a first year little snob snitched on me. That was annoying." you said.
"Ah, yeah." Keum said.
"When did you get here anyway?"
"Just now. Ayden went off with Hermione to go study potions in the library." Keum said.
"Booriiing." you said.
"Right? I'm kinda hungry, wanna go get some food?" Keum asked.
"That's not even a question, let's go." you said and went off with Keum to get some food before next period started.

A couple days pass, and you were walking alone from one class to the next and you happened to pass by Baekseung who was also by himself.
"How's it feel to be a loner?" Baekseung put up just as he stepped past you.
"Rich coming from you!" you yelled back at him.
Right so now you know he's a dickhead. Not much more to say about him.

"What was that all about?" Ron, who was one of your friends, asked you as he caught up with you since you had the next class together.
"This dickhead has the audacity to ask me what it's like to be a loner when he's literally all by himself too. And he knows I have friends. Or he has dementia or something, I don't know." you explained.
"He's probably jealous of you 'cause you've got some actual friends unlike him who's literally got Malfoy." Ron said to you.
"Exactly, so basically no one. See, you get me." you said as you entered your class together once you got there.

Meanwhile, Baekseung, after saying that to you, massaged his temples and contemplated as to why he even said that to you. He thought Malfoy was probably influencing him into doing things without thinking. He literally likes you and he says the most cringe thing ever to you. "How is she ever gonna like me if I'm such a dickhead to her?" he muttered under his breath.
"Oi, Kim, wait up, where you headed?" a certain someone who'd caught up to him asked him as he lightly punched his arm.
"Divination."
"Ah me too. I absolutely hate that weirdo of a teacher. Don't you?" Malfoy asked him.
"Yeah, she's so weird, I can't even recall what I've learned from her." Baekseung agreed.

"Oh would you look at that, it's Granger!" and there goes Malfoy, off on his way to take the piss out of another muggleborn, which means more acting for Baekseung. Here we go, I guess.
He was getting sick and tired of people seeing him as a shit person when he could be seen as a good friend. I mean, he has kinda done this to himself, but still.

Later that night, Baekseung could barely sleep. All he could think about was how on earth he could possibly get you to atleast talk to him and see that he's just struggling to get out of this mess. He decided to go for a sneaky walk in the courtyard to get his thoughts going, since it was peaceful there.

As he was there, he suddenly heard something and looked around, seeing a figure also walking round the courtyard. He thought it was a teacher so he hid behind a pillar and then the figure came into the light, and he saw... you.

"Shit" he whispered to himself. 'Just perfect' he thought 'what if she-'
"Kim?" she silently called out.
'Fuck' he thought. "y/n?" he sharply turned around, seeing you there, infront of him.
"What are you doing here?" she asked.
"I could ask y-you the same question." he said back.
'Why are we stuttering, Baekseung?!' he thought.
"I just wanted to get.. something, off my mind. It's none of your business anyway. Thought you didn't like mudbloods. Thought I was a loner, so why-"
"y/n, listen, it's not like that. I can explain everything if you let me talk to you. I just need you to trust me." Baekseung said to her.

"Why should I trust you? How do I know you won't throw me off completely?" you questioned as you got closer to him.
"Because I'm muggleborn too."

Your eyes widened and you looked at him in shock.
"What?"

word count: 1442